Fusion Transportation Group / Turri Logistics Introduction

VTurri

Seasoned Expediter
Greetings EO,

My name is Vince Turri, President of Fusion Transportation Group and Turri Logistics. Although we work with many of the companies and owner operations that are part of the EO community I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself and my company to the members that may not know much about us.

Fusion Transportation Group was opened in 2005 under the name Turri Transportation Co. We rebranded the company this year to Fusion Transportation Group as we decided to modify our business model to include specialized transportation services in combination with the current expedited transportation division. Turri Logistics Co. is our brokerage division, we currently work with all but a few companies that advertise here on Expeditors Online.

Like all of our colleagues here advertising and chatting on the forums, we too our seeking owner operators to join our family. What makes us different than our competitors? For starters our owner operator turnover is the lowest in the industry! That is quite the claim I know, but it is true. We had a fleet owner pull one of his three trucks last week (still kept two of the three signed on). That was the first truck we had leave in three months. In fact our dispatcher turnover is higher than our owner operator loss rate if that says anything about the efficiencies of our program (or the demands I place on my dispatchers).

How do we do it you may be asking yourself? The key to our success is how efficiently we dispatch and plan our assets. Our goal is to load each truck in the fleet daily, and maximize each owner operator’s earning potential by keeping the truck loaded, dispatched, and pre dispatched before it even empties. The secret is planning the freight on the trucks, versus making our owner operators bid against each other for freight like some of our competitors. We do not want to drive down the rates to our owner operators with mass load offers. We measure each truck weekly to insure the owner operator is meeting specific revenue thresholds. In doing so, we can streamline the dispatch process and measure what areas to stay away from where the rates and freight opportunities are depressed; and what customers to save capacity for that tend to pay better rates. This philosophy has allowed our fleet count to remain consistent and grow and do all of this with only one full time recruiter!

I take the success of our contractors personally. I understand what it takes to make it in the business as an owner operator. You have truck payments and repairs, you need enough left over after expenses to provide for your family while you are on the road away from them working to support your loved ones. You need a carrier that understands this and treats you like a business partner, not a number.

Is our program the best? I wish it was, but that’s never the case. I know the owner operators we have love it here at Fusion Transportation. They know our team works their tails off keeping them moving and loaded! They know we demand performance and service, and in return they understand the customers will keep calling us, which means more loads for our trucks!

Many trucking companies have also benefitted from this business model. Our partner carrier network has grown substantially over the last year. That is because we understand in order to keep our owner operators loaded and profitable, we need a lot of load opportunities. Our goal is to always have more loads to cover then trucks on the fleet, which is why I am writing this message to tell you about Fusion Transportation Group.

As much as I appreciate our partner carriers, we need to grow our fleet to service our customers. Teams are always in demand at Fusion being either a tractor that can haul to 44,500 pounds or a large 22-24 foot straight truck. That being said our single owner operators do very well with us having strong consistent weekly settlements. An area where we have had tremendous growth is with our specialized division. I highly recommend owner operators that are currently pulling dry van that have experience with pulling specialized trailers strongly consider calling us and exploring our programs. We cannot keep up with the demand and typically these loads pay much better than traditional expedite freight.

If you are an owner operator, a driver looking for work, or a fleet owner looking to explore a carrier with a fresh perspective, a carrier looking for loads; we look forward to hearing from you!

Contact us: [email protected] or call Dan 313-682-0003

Warmest Regards,

Vince Turri

Last edited:

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Turri/Fusion has always been good, fair, honest and fair with us.
Yes, I know I said fair twice.
What else can anyone ask for?

At our small size (at Crossroads Express) Turri/Fusion doesn't even need to bother with us. But I now understand that Turri/Fusion appreciates people that take care of business. They appreciate good communication and when they DON'T have to make excuses for trucks.

I don't personally know anyone at Turri/Fusion but, if I was even neutral, I'd at least talk to them to see what's up in "Turri-World".

Vince, I wasn't trying to make this some kind of cheesy endorsement. So I will gladly get this post deleted if these (MY) TRUE feelings are not where you were aiming with this post.

Thanks a ton for all the loads Vince!!
Murray

Murray Freeman
Crossroads Express, LLC
MC781884c - MC783045b
Dayton, OH
Cell 937-422-0170
Ofc 937-422-0443
Fax 866-733-0442
"Value Meets Delivery"

paullud

Veteran Expediter
What specialized trailers are you using?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
From a fleet owner prospective, the best thing a carrier can do is to show a degree of transparency and honesty.
If I was shopping for a carrier, there is a basic list I would look for in looking at a carrier. Some may apply, and some may not.

How is a company financially? Very important and often overlook in a turbulent economy.
How long have they been in business?
How many trucks and how long have they been there and what types (sizes)? EX what is their turnover rate?
Should easily have phone numbers for their long termers.
What other names have they operated under?
Is there company owned equipment that is operating as well?
How many dispatchers. Experienced or high schoolers?
What is their rate per mile or percentage? If the latter, then what is thier policy on reviewing a rate sheet/shipping bill? Not a fan of "secrets".
How is their FSC paid and how is it calculated?
Is there a company fleet program for discounted fuel? How much of a discount? Same for tires and other items.
How are they insured (and can be verified) and what if any costs are past on to the fleet owner.
What kind of communication and who and how is it paid for.
Is there escrow charges and for what?
Is there signs and who pays?
Can a fleet owner obtain thier own freight and what percentage is charged back?
What is their breakdown policy?
Is there a sign on bonus?
What is the turn around on pay and is it weekly/bi weekly?
Is there advances on loads and if so, how much and is there a charge?
How do they dispatch thier equipment?
Who pays tolls?
How are detention/layovers paid and what amounts and parameters?
Specific equipment types and age requirements of vehicles? What are they?
Who pays for random drug tests?
Are DH and or relocations paid? And at what rate and parameters?
Specifically what charge backs are there. EX comdata fees and the like.
Do you have existing fleet owners/owner operators that can be referenced for verification of revenue through a prescribed period of time? One of those "trust but verify" kind of things.

I can think of several others but this would be a starting point that I personally would look at.
A 20 minute phone call through that list would give one a pretty good starting point.
Some things matter more than others but it generally is that cumulative effect that matters.

Last edited:

VTurri

Seasoned Expediter
Turri/Fusion has always been good, fair, honest and fair with us.
Yes, I know I said fair twice.
What else can anyone ask for?

At our small size (at Crossroads Express) Turri/Fusion doesn't even need to bother with us. But I now understand that Turri/Fusion appreciates people that take care of business. They appreciate good communication and when they DON'T have to make excuses for trucks.

I don't personally know anyone at Turri/Fusion but, if I was even neutral, I'd at least talk to them to see what's up in "Turri-World".

Vince, I wasn't trying to make this some kind of cheesy endorsement. So I will gladly get this post deleted if these (MY) TRUE feelings are not where you were aiming with this post.

Thanks a ton for all the loads Vince!!
Murray

Murray Freeman
Crossroads Express, LLC
MC781884c - MC783045b
Dayton, OH
Cell 937-422-0170
Ofc 937-422-0443
Fax 866-733-0442
"Value Meets Delivery"

Murray,

The kind words are appreciated. I know you didnt have to say those things. If more partner carriers provided service as well as Crossroads Express EO would have a lot less business!

Keep building that fleet, you know where you can always catch a load!

Vince

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

VTurri

Seasoned Expediter
What specialized trailers are you using?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile

Paullud,
Mostly Stepdecks and Conestogas. Have a few odds and ends, traditional flats and drops.

Vince

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

VTurri

Seasoned Expediter
From a fleet owner prospective, the best thing a carrier can do is to show a degree of transparency and honesty.
If I was shopping for a carrier, there is a basic list I would look for in looking at a carrier. Some may apply, and some may not.

How is a company financially? Very important and often overlook in a turbulent economy.
How long have they been in business?
How many trucks and how long have they been there and what types (sizes)? EX what is their turnover rate?
Should easily have phone numbers for their long termers.
What other names have they operated under?
Is there company owned equipment that is operating as well?
How many dispatchers. Experienced or high schoolers?
What is their rate per mile or percentage? If the latter, then what is thier policy on reviewing a rate sheet/shipping bill? Not a fan of "secrets".
How is their FSC paid and how is it calculated?
Is there a company fleet program for discounted fuel? How much of a discount? Same for tires and other items.
How are they insured (and can be verified) and what if any costs are past on to the fleet owner.
What kind of communication and who and how is it paid for.
Is there escrow charges and for what?
Is there signs and who pays?
Can a fleet owner obtain thier own freight and what percentage is charged back?
What is their breakdown policy?
Is there a sign on bonus?
What is the turn around on pay and is it weekly/bi weekly?
Is there advances on loads and if so, how much and is there a charge?
How do they dispatch thier equipment?
Who pays tolls?
How are detention/layovers paid and what amounts and parameters?
Specific equipment types and age requirements of vehicles? What are they?
Who pays for random drug tests?
Are DH and or relocations paid? And at what rate and parameters?
Specifically what charge backs are there. EX comdata fees and the like.
Do you have existing fleet owners/owner operators that can be referenced for verification of revenue through a prescribed period of time? One of those "trust but verify" kind of things.

I can think of several others but this would be a starting point that I personally would look at.
A 20 minute phone call through that list would give one a pretty good starting point.
Some things matter more than others but it generally is that cumulative effect that matters.

I would also include: fuel card offered or fuel advance?, settlements comdata or direct deposit, trailer year and fees if any for semi operators, 24/7 dispatch?, first in first out?, how are loads tendered/offered to drivers?, offer fleet owner log in? there's always more... So Dave, do you want to set up a call to get your questions answered?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I always think it is a good idea to have a plan "B". As to whether you would be a candidate we would consider depends on ones answers to the above questions. Always feel free to drop me a PM.

VTurri

Seasoned Expediter
Anytime you want to chat Dave let me know, I would be more then happy to spend some time answering any questions you had if/when you wanted to explore other opportunities.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I can't speak for how Vince is with his owner operators but I can on a company to company basis. They have been a good solid partner for Load One for many years now. Vince is a man of his word with integrity. I would only imagine that this same principles apply to him with his fleet. We look forward to working with them for many years to come.

Last edited:

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
i can concur that vince has always been a fair and honest man.

I had once a load from Turri when I was working under my own authority... did the run, been paid in time!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

noneya

Active Expediter
Greetings EO,

My name is Vince Turri, President of Fusion Transportation Group and Turri Logistics. Although we work with many of the companies and owner operations that are part of the EO community I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself and my company to the members that may not know much about us.

Fusion Transportation Group was opened in 2005 under the name Turri Transportation Co. We rebranded the company this year to Fusion Transportation Group as we decided to modify our business model to include specialized transportation services in combination with the current expedited transportation division. Turri Logistics Co. is our brokerage division, we currently work with all but a few companies that advertise here on Expeditors Online.

Like all of our colleagues here advertising and chatting on the forums, we too our seeking owner operators to join our family. What makes us different than our competitors? For starters our owner operator turnover is the lowest in the industry! That is quite the claim I know, but it is true. We had a fleet owner pull one of his three trucks last week (still kept two of the three signed on). That was the first truck we had leave in three months. In fact our dispatcher turnover is higher than our owner operator loss rate if that says anything about the efficiencies of our program (or the demands I place on my dispatchers).

How do we do it you may be asking yourself? The key to our success is how efficiently we dispatch and plan our assets. Our goal is to load each truck in the fleet daily, and maximize each owner operator’s earning potential by keeping the truck loaded, dispatched, and pre dispatched before it even empties. The secret is planning the freight on the trucks, versus making our owner operators bid against each other for freight like some of our competitors. We do not want to drive down the rates to our owner operators with mass load offers. We measure each truck weekly to insure the owner operator is meeting specific revenue thresholds. In doing so, we can streamline the dispatch process and measure what areas to stay away from where the rates and freight opportunities are depressed; and what customers to save capacity for that tend to pay better rates. This philosophy has allowed our fleet count to remain consistent and grow and do all of this with only one full time recruiter!

I take the success of our contractors personally. I understand what it takes to make it in the business as an owner operator. You have truck payments and repairs, you need enough left over after expenses to provide for your family while you are on the road away from them working to support your loved ones. You need a carrier that understands this and treats you like a business partner, not a number.

Is our program the best? I wish it was, but that’s never the case. I know the owner operators we have love it here at Fusion Transportation. They know our team works their tails off keeping them moving and loaded! They know we demand performance and service, and in return they understand the customers will keep calling us, which means more loads for our trucks!

Many trucking companies have also benefitted from this business model. Our partner carrier network has grown substantially over the last year. That is because we understand in order to keep our owner operators loaded and profitable, we need a lot of load opportunities. Our goal is to always have more loads to cover then trucks on the fleet, which is why I am writing this message to tell you about Fusion Transportation Group.

As much as I appreciate our partner carriers, we need to grow our fleet to service our customers. Teams are always in demand at Fusion being either a tractor that can haul to 44,500 pounds or a large 22-24 foot straight truck. That being said our single owner operators do very well with us having strong consistent weekly settlements. An area where we have had tremendous growth is with our specialized division. I highly recommend owner operators that are currently pulling dry van that have experience with pulling specialized trailers strongly consider calling us and exploring our programs. We cannot keep up with the demand and typically these loads pay much better than traditional expedite freight.

If you are an owner operator, a driver looking for work, or a fleet owner looking to explore a carrier with a fresh perspective, a carrier looking for loads; we look forward to hearing from you!

Contact us: [email protected] or call Dan 313-682-0003

Warmest Regards,

Vince Turri

Do you hire solo s/t drivers?

SENT FROM YA MAMA'S HOUSE

VTurri

Seasoned Expediter
Do you hire solo s/t drivers?

Noneya, Yes we do. Right now we are good on class B drivers, but that can change. Do you have a class A? We need Tractor drivers right now...lots of good paying freight!

VTurri

Seasoned Expediter
I can't speak for how Vince is with his owner operators but I can on a company to company basis. They have been a good solid partner for Load One for many years now. Vince is a man of his word with integrity. I would only imagine that this same principles apply to him with his fleet. We look forward to working with them for many years to come.
John,
Thank you for the kind words. I know at Load 1 the owner operators really like working with your company. You know as well as I do, how we treat, pay, and structure our respective owner operators programs is a direct reflection of our organizations and how we do business. An owner operator or fleet owner needs to be treated with the same respect as a multi-million dollar shipper. Without our contractors and partner carriers, we couldn’t do what we do!
I think it’s safe to say we both understand the importance of solid and reliable owner operators, fleet owners and what it takes to retain them and have low turn over. It’s a funny thing, when you cut good settlement checks every week to an owner operator, they tend to stick around. I know we could both use a more trucks in our fleets being both Fusion and Load 1 get tapped out on capacity daily!
Appreciate the business as always John!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
John,
Thank you for the kind words. I know at Load 1 the owner operators really like working with your company. You know as well as I do, how we treat, pay, and structure our respective owner operators programs is a direct reflection of our organizations and how we do business. An owner operator or fleet owner needs to be treated with the same respect as a multi-million dollar shipper. Without our contractors and partner carriers, we couldn’t do what we do!
I think it’s safe to say we both understand the importance of solid and reliable owner operators, fleet owners and what it takes to retain them and have low turn over. It’s a funny thing, when you cut good settlement checks every week to an owner operator, they tend to stick around. I know we could both use a more trucks in our fleets being both Fusion and Load 1 get tapped out on capacity daily!
Appreciate the business as always John!

Agreed 100%. Never understand why so many run for less. The financial health of the owner operator is paramount to long term success for both them and the carrier.

noneya

Active Expediter
Noneya, Yes we do. Right now we are good on class B drivers, but that can change. Do you have a class A? We need Tractor drivers right now...lots of good paying freight!

I have a class b, but thinking about getting class a. I will save your contact info for if I decide to get my class a because I want in on some of that good paying freight!

Last edited:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I would have to suggest to anyone looking for options, that they put this organization on their short list. Used to coop with Turri/Fusion, and was always a profitable pleasure.

VTurri

Seasoned Expediter
I would have to suggest to anyone looking for options, that they put this organization on their short list. Used to coop with Turri/Fusion, and was always a profitable pleasure.
Glad you had a good experience with us!