August locations & Alien invasions

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Loaded for Laredo, and happy to be going. [Rudy's BBQ!]
I like Nashville, too. Memphis: it used to crack me up [back when I got loads there] that of all the drivers laying over in Memphis, half were in Olive Branch, Ms, and the rest in West Memphis, Ar. But I like Olive Branch, too.
:)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Loaded for Laredo, and happy to be going. [Rudy's BBQ!]
I like Nashville, too. Memphis: it used to crack me up [back when I got loads there] that of all the drivers laying over in Memphis, half were in Olive Branch, Ms, and the rest in West Memphis, Ar. But I like Olive Branch, too.
:)

Danny's down town next to the Golden Corral. Good Mexican food !!

Be at the yard in the morning.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
If you guys ever get a chance Mexican Village in Detroit has a couple really good restaurants. Sprinters would not be a problem getting in. Not sure about a straight. But it is right in the west side of I 75 across from the ambassador bridge.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you guys ever get a chance Mexican Village in Detroit has a couple really good restaurants. Sprinters would not be a problem getting in. Not sure about a straight. But it is right in the west side of I 75 across from the ambassador bridge.

That area is great :thumbup:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner

J & Kim took us there, really wonderful food. Don't remember the name though.

Believe it or not, there is bad Mexican food in Laredo. You will know when you find it !!!!!

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
We are always looking for a reason to head down to Mexican Town. Food is incredible and always nice to take a leisurely walk down the riverwalk.

Tom we took you and Tina to Loco's TexMex. However my favorite is Armandos

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Well, I've had one run all week! Of course, only being in service one day might have something to do with it.. LOL.. ugh.. spent 1st part of the week fixing storm damage from the weekend.. including a lightning strike that jumped from a tree in the drive to my wife's car. Little dents all over the side of the car from the tree exploding.. looks like hail damage... and it exploded the Wilson 1000 on the trunk so hard it left a 6 inch wide by 2 inch deep 'bowl' in the trunk. Took out the alternator, speed sensor, throttle position sensor, and a couple others... had appts on Wed, took a run on Thurs, then wife was very sick so stayed home with her on Friday.. grand kids in today, and family hog roast with about 200 folk... whole hog smoked, cousin built a stage on his property and had a band in, etc...(it's a country boy thing... :) ) total country video.. farmboys in their 4 wheel drives etc LOL.

More family coming in tomorrow, so good thing that one run paid decent LOL.. back in service on Monday.

Me

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Memphis is a good freight point, but it seems to depend on equipment size and type. Tractors and straight trucks seem to be the higher demand. Also seems to be a very strong point for teams. A lot of distribution out of there. We are seeing a push out of there and Nashville right now for a new customer. Some sprinter work, but 90% straight and tractor right now, but it will vary.

Had a sales rep in Nashville for a week last week knockin on some doors. Will probably hit Memphis in September.

We need to have a "Sit Down".

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We are always looking for a reason to head down to Mexican Town. Food is incredible and always nice to take a leisurely walk down the riverwalk.

Tom we took you and Tina to Loco's TexMex. However my favorite is Armandos

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

there you go, couldn't remember that for the life of us. Only that the food was awesome. Looking forward to Armando's and a few of those other places.

Bright sunny and cool morning here in Il. Looking forward to the day. See what happens. Spent most of yesterday evening doing my favorite thing for this time of year. Watching the Little League World Series. To heck with the majors, these kids really love the game and have some really good ones. It also takes me back to all my years of playing LL and tristate ball. Watching them really does make you take a hard look ant the pro's and wonder what happened.

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME !!!!!!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Watched that movie yesterday. Amazing how many sports movies that Kevin Costner has been in.

Good week last week or two. Hopefully momentum keeps on rolling. Gotta travel a good portion of this week. Travel season has returned. LOL

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Watched that movie yesterday. Amazing how many sports movies that Kevin Costner has been in.

Good week last week or two. Hopefully momentum keeps on rolling. Gotta travel a good portion of this week. Travel season has returned. LOL

That's one of those movies you can watch a hundred times !!!

Anyone going to Dallas next week ??

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Brian and Senior will be in Dallas at the Load One booth. I have to go to Whistler Vancouver for insurance meetings later this week so I won't make GATS this year.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Brian and Senior will be in Dallas at the Load One booth. I have to go to Whistler Vancouver for insurance meetings later this week so I won't make GATS this year.

Kinda nice how they schedule those yearly at the same time. LOL