Scanners

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Hey! Let's talk about scanners!

Wonder if those of us who already have the little "Neat Receipt" scanners will be able to use them or will the company now require us to purchase yet another piece of equipment we already own. Any thoughts?

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
My quick guess would be no, but it's just that.....a guess.

A quick call to Tom in C-link would answer it.

Monty

Expert Expediter
One of the basic tenants of business:

"You must spend money to make money"

Just sayin ....

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have heard that there are only a few printer drivers on the Qualcomm so the choices are very limited.

We have used in-cab scanning for a few years have no desire to go back to looking for a Tripack Box.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Why do we need scanners? There are apps for our smart phones that allow us to scan and send documents. If FedEx is worried about security they could always have there own app designed. It seems we are always two steps behind the available technology.

Sent from my EVO using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Most likely it will be mandatory and will require specific equipment that we will be charged an additional fee to use. They'll need that added revenue to supplement the dhpl money they are now keeping. Sadly, there is no bloom left on the apple.

aimeejos

Active Expediter
The scanner is a 1 time purchase at $138.00. I got one 2 wks ago when I went to Ohio for tval training. It's a small unit and very simple to use. I think it's great- not just for run paperwork- you can send stuff to safety too.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
I'm going to jump on the Purple Promise Happy Bus. No more trip Pak box, and easy scanning of Canadian and Safety paperwork. Faster pay will make me happier too. Now lets get the Folks in Green to send us specific info on Load Ops. In txt message form.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Our new scanner arrived today. It is a bit larger than our "Neat Receipt" scanner and it is heavier. Now we will be carrying two scanners but we won't have to fool with the trip paks! Yahoo!!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Will the new scanner work with a lap top too?

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Will the new scanner work with a lap top too?

At our previous carrier if we downloaded the drivers for the scanner to our laptop we could use it. Unfortunately I dont remember where we had gotten the drivers :confused:

Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Does anyone have specific information on how to receive and start implementing these scanners ? Are they available now ? Or only to beta testers ?

ihamner

Expert Expediter
We received our scanner yesterday but the scanning option is still grayed out on our unit. We called FECC only to discover Tom is out until Monday and NO ONE else knows anything about the scanners!!! Obviously Tom should have days off but the company should have someone else trained to do exactly what Tom does. What if he gets run over by a truck or something? That would be terrible and I certainly hope nothing happens to him. He has been wonderful and helpful to us but still, someone should be cross trained to take his place at all times!

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Tried our Neat Receipts scanner. No lights, no camera, no action :( Tried it in usb port on the keyboard and the black box. No response in either.

We'll be in Green next week for TVAL, so we'll see if there is a solution. If not, will probably see if they have them.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It isn't a truck, it's chiggers and other demons of nature. Tom is on a Boy Scouts campout I heard.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
We got our scanner 2 days ago at PJ's, and have yet to try it but the scanner button is not greyed out so it should work okay.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app