Correct me if I'm wrong.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Are there only 4 types of expediting opportunities? And I am not including such things as "CRST Expedited"

1. Central Dispatch, such as FECC, Panther, etc

2. Agent Based, such as Landstar

3. Multi Company leased.

4. Truly independent that sells and hauls their own freight.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Don't we have a hybrid here that is leased but also books his own freight ?

If you're writing your presentation for your seminar, the above is probably so rare that few could pull it off. Takes years of experience, contacts, patience , great drivers and an understanding/ open minded carrier.

Correct me if I'm wrong. ,

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Yes...you can be leased to a carrier and book your own freight. :)

Monty

Expert Expediter
Yes, I was just double checking for the seminar ...... those 4 were all I could come up with.

Thanks for the feedback.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Are there only 4 types of expediting opportunities? And I am not including such things as "CRST Expedited"

1. Central Dispatch, such as FECC, Panther, etc

2. Agent Based, such as Landstar

3. Multi Company leased.

4. Truly independent that sells and hauls their own freight.

I think you covered the industry well. If you want to talk about expediting opportunities, you need to state who the opportunities are for.

If you are talking about expediting opportunities for drivers, you get a certain list. If you are talking about opportunities for owner-operators, you get another. Yet another list comes if you talk about owner-operators without CDL's. Experience is another wrinkle since Landstar may or may not be on the list of opportunities depending on the driver or owner-operator.

Last edited:

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm leased on at a carrier and book all my own TL freight. Free agent so to speak. Operate in exactly the same manner as an independent under their own authority, only I get settlement checks every Friday. I get loads from Landstar, CHR, Sylectus network, ITS, whoever is paying top dollar. I like to concentrate on automotive and air freight expedited but also do general freight as well.