Warning about Fleet Owners

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Great post Miss Kat.
It should help many that read it.
It was good to be with the crummy owner from Ny. It gave you great insight.
Ready to start your blog Working With Snakes ?

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Great post Miss Kat.
It should help many that read it.
It was good to be with the crummy owner from Ny. It gave you great insight.
Ready to start your blog Working With Snakes ?

I am laughing out loud!!!!!!!!!!!
Me who has 51 chickens in my yard!!!!!

Last edited:

MissKat

Expert Expediter
I was talking about in a D unit Misskat. Yes, when you returned our tractor it was spotless and you could eat off the floors. Sorry sometimes I need slapped up side the head to remember things. Tricia says Hello we are getting a few more trucks to add to the fleet. No tractors.

Say Hey to Miss Trish. I would never have said anything except I have pride in my returned trucks LOL

MissKat

Expert Expediter
I am laughing out loud!!!!!!!!!!!
Me who has 51 chickens in my yard!!!!!

AND, since the Ballston Spa, NY husband and wife owners that burned us so terribly is still listed as a member here on EO and because of the horrible things that happened to that other couple in New Mexico who had a VERY VERY similar situation with very same owners, and they are listed on RIPOFF REPORTS I am trying to decide just what to say. I can't find the original post - "How to Choose a Good Fleet Owner" I think it was called. And yes, we learned mucho.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Bruno I am not bashing all fleet owner and don't say I am! I posted that we are with a great fleet owner now that did everything by the book and treats and respects his drivers! We were with a great fleet owner before the last bad one too. Not her fault a brand new truck had problems. But even with all those problems she treated us better in that whole 2 years than the last one just did in 6 months! Just stating facts that he wasn't there to see the condition of the truck when we got in it. And also Bruno shame on you for naming names. I have not once said any names in my posts!

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
AND, since the Ballston Spa, NY husband and wife owners that burned us so terribly is still listed as a member here on EO and because of the horrible things that happened to that other couple in New Mexico who had a VERY VERY similar situation with very same owners, and they are listed on RIPOFF REPORTS I am trying to decide just what to say. I can't find the original post - "How to Choose a Good Fleet Owner" I think it was called. And yes, we learned mucho.

I was shocked when you and Kirk told that story to me. I will say that you guys was are one of the top three teams I have EVER had in the last twenty years. I never say who was number one, that way I don't offend the great people who drove for us. I will say that Misskat can back a Tractor Trailer in some hard places just as good or better than some of the boys. :)

guido4475

Not a Member
My beef with some fleet owners are the ones who expect the driver and tell the driver not to idle the van/truck under no circumstances, but yet do not have any means for the driver to stay warm as well.In this weather? Talk about cold! In more ways than one! I can understand not idling, but at least have some kind of heat in place to keep the driver warm, at least. It is so in-humane. These drivers deserve so much better than that.I'd love to see these fleet owners spend a few nights in their van under their rules and see how long it lasts.And yet, they may be wondering why they are always looking for drivers. I know of 2 fleet owners who have their small fleet of 5 vans/Sprinters outfitted with Espars, and are reaping the benefits of a happy and fortunate driver.A little goes a long way.Have a heart!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Espars are just good business.
Imagine they pay for themselves pretty quickly when you figure the cost of switching teams.