Eclipse expediting pros and cons

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
Im talkin to the company now so far my question and concerns are being adressed very well and respectably was hopein to get some honist feed back before i start talkin to the selected drivers they will let me talk to lol

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

subzero89

Seasoned Expediter
I was with them for over a year. I can tell you that their dispatchers are very good and they will try to keep you moving. They pay every Friday by direct deposit if you wish and if you want your pay overnight, you can get it for a 3% fee. I will only caution you on one thing. Shawn and Tom Lay (the owners of Eclipse) are, in my opinion, pieces of trash. I had a load with them going to Florida and when my engine blew in SC, they posted lies via email about my company on the Sylectus network to many other expediting companies claiming that I refused to allow them to tow my truck to a truckstop at their expense. In reality, I refused to do it at my expense. Refer to the post on "Abandoned." I am looking into taking legal action against Shawn and Tom Lay for deliberately trying to harm my business with the false statements they sent out. Fortunately, most of my companies were not taken in by Tom Lay but you can see where I could have lost many customers. Eclipse is a good company with good dispatchers but I would not trust Tom Lay if anything goes wrong with your truck. He will take advantage of you if you let him.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Tom is a piece of work. I tried doing work with him a couple years ago and yes he got me some work. But he doesn't listen to you and does as he wants. Example went nuts on me because I couldn't haul a 35k load in my 22' straight. I said sorry sir that's to heavy and it's 40' . HE said choice words hung up on me and the next day I called him and he went insane on me. He had a different company name at that time. They do work under about 3 or 4 different company names also "FACT LOOK INTO IT" !

Best of luck

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Tom was doing work for his brother and is now only doing eclipse billing...
1 they now use trippack for paperwork and charge a dollar per bill of lading and now it takes 3 weeks to get paid vs. the one week when I signed on a year ago...

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
Well im being asked drive for an owner that seams legit enough atleast on the phone so they will deal with him i was told 2 weeks till pay

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
1 they now use trippack for paperwork and charge a dollar per bill of lading and now it takes 3 weeks to get paid vs. the one week when I signed on a year ago...

When a company extends payment it is not generally a good sign. We have seen that happen a number if times on here. What happened to most of those carriers? Although exceptions exist.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I hope you are not still running load for them?....Find a replacement carrier till they catch up on the payments...seriously Dan, don't be a fool and risk your business....

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter

IDK about this I have been running for them for over a year and I get paid on time everytime.with a faxed BOL you musta been one of those drivers that dont turn in the original bol after he was kind enough to pay you witout it.eclipse is one of the best brokers I work with as a fleet owner. I do not get most of my work from them but I have 1 van there even though I have my own authority I choose to leave it there. these are hard working people and if your trashing them sorry it didnt work out for you there.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
IDK about this I have been running for them for over a year and I get paid on time everytime.with a faxed BOL you musta been one of those drivers that dont turn in the original bol after he was kind enough to pay you witout it.eclipse is one of the best brokers I work with as a fleet owner. I do not get most of my work from them but I have 1 van there even though I have my own authority I choose to leave it there. these are hard working people and if your trashing them sorry it didnt work out for you there.

Hey now....2 posts trashing the owner..you don't even comment..and call Dan out for trash talk because he didn't get paid FOR 3 weeks, ASSUMING he did something wrong....?? what is with that?...

Last edited:

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
I dont recall dan saying he didnt get paid I thought dan had said it now takes him three weeks to get paid.I am just asaying thats total BS based on the fact I run loads for them and I have been paid there faster than any other selectus user I have worked with since day 1 and am still doing work for them. it is a fact my runs are further in between now than a year ago mostly because of the number of vans they have and I live in the middle of a corn fields so they have units closer to freight areas but they do help me and I have never once even met any of the owners mostly because I never felt the need. they may not run the hardest but if anyone says they didnt get paid by eclipse and they followed the process I will call total BS no matter who says it.and demand proof
so untill I see it I think this whole thread should be taken down.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I dont recall dan saying he didnt get paid I thought dan had said it now takes him three weeks to get paid.I am just asaying thats total BS based on the fact I run loads for them and I have been paid there faster than any other selectus user I have worked with since day 1 and am still doing work for them. it is a fact my runs are further in between now than a year ago mostly because of the number of vans they have and I live in the middle of a corn fields so they have units closer to freight areas but they do help me and I have never once even met any of the owners mostly because I never felt the need. they may not run the hardest but if anyone says they didnt get paid by eclipse and they followed the process I will call total BS no matter who says it.and demand proof
so untill I see it I think this whole thread should be taken down.

Sorry KW..i should have finished my sentence....see above....

as far as the thread taken down....I think the OP might have a problem because of 1 post that you object to.....and really....since you can't say for sure what the problem is with Dan's late paycheck....you are accusing him of wrongfully doing something based on pure speculation.

Maybe Dan will post that yes he was late with his BOL

Back to the subject of....Anyone have any useful info on Eclipse Expediting....

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
ok then here is some useful info for you then.the owner of the truck is most likely the one who wants to wait two weeks to pay the op.I only average about 4 loads per month with eclipse but I will say that is because of the number of vans they run. and I run for panther, tri-state,landstar also so I tend to get loads on my own sometimes before I deliver my eclipse load and I am not the best at keeping eclipse updated on my current location.before I had my authority eclipse was maken me around $1,500 a week with my van now that I run for multi carriers I tend to GROSS a couple grand each month from each carrier I run with.the only thing I look for in a carrier is a paycheck.I am not here to kiss anyone or beg anyone for help.I am a true independent if any carrier screws around with my pay and I did my job correctly then I would not run for them.when tom started the quick pay program at eclipse he let it be known you could get it as long as you still turned in your originals and my bank shows he has kept his word on that.I see know need to talk about things that happened when this person worked for his brother cause as far as I know tom works n billing at eclipse and I thought the op was asking about eclipse.the dispatch at eclipse I would say are fair with each of the operators if you come into a area with 20 other eclipse vans your most likely not going to get loaded that day if your in an area with 2 or 3 other eclipse vans you got a good shot.second to none but I tend to get more per mile from tri-state on my own but eclipse gives me some better paying landstar than i get on my own.So just keep in mind eclipse dispatchers work on a percentage they tend to try and get me longer runs most of the time.but the flip side to that is it means I am going to turn to others to get back out if its laredo. I have sat there for a week with no luck.but again its the other units in the area I blame for that. thats what I mean by fair I dont think they dispatch around you as much as other carriers do.by the same token I have gotten out of el paso a litlle better with them than others. North east seems ok with them east coast is good and even in my cornfields they will get me moving.if I had a 1,000 a mounth truck payment I may not be happy here if I only depended on them to find my freight I would get by but in the multi carrier realm I think they are a great asset.

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks kw thats exactly what i was looking for id love a lil more from a copple other drivers and i plan on muti carrier when i own my own truck

guido4475

Not a Member
Thanks kw thats exactly what i was looking for id love a lil more from a copple other drivers and i plan on muti carrier when i own my own truck

SO you can be leased to several carriers who bid on the same load on the load boards against each other, with the lowest bidder winning?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its a personal decision but no one has yet shown me proof you can make more with multiple carriers than one good one.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter

well I would like to hear from a couple others also.I have never met anyone else that drives for them as they dont have any orientation if you do go to work with them keep in touch.

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
Will do im very close to takein the offer on the table just gota clear inssurance and go but id like one more atleast cuz this aint my first rodeo lol

idtrans

Expert Expediter
When a company extends payment it is not generally a good sign. We have seen that happen a number if times on here. What happened to most of those carriers? Although exceptions exist.

I know on the 2 loads I hauled for them was paid asap when they got the original BOL at their office. But LRT paid me on time always and then all of a sudden flipped the coin. I understand what you're saying John but others have to live and learn I know I have. Luckily I finally got the moneys owed to me a long while back but I tried warning others but they just don't wanna hear the truth ;)

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
I know on the 2 loads I hauled for them was paid asap when they got the original BOL at their office. But LRT paid me on time always and then all of a sudden flipped the coin. I understand what you're saying John but others have to live and learn I know I have. Luckily I finally got the moneys owed to me a long while back but I tried warning others but they just don't wanna hear the truth ;)

Was that aginst LRT or eclipse?