Sad day for Panther

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Where are you seeing this was a Panther driver?

It doesn't come right out and say it but it does say box truck slammed into a semi and if you look at the picture you see A panther box truck right behind a semi with paramedics by the box truck that has Panther on the side. I know that still doesn't prove anything but after looking at the pic I think it's safe to say that it was A panther truck they were talking about.Either way not good. my prayers go out to the family

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It doesn't come right out and say it but it does say box truck slammed into a semi and if you look at the picture you see A panther box truck right behind a semi with paramedics by the box truck that has Panther on the side. I know that still doesn't prove anything but after looking at the pic I think it's safe to say that it was A panther truck they were talking about.Either way not good. my prayers go out to the family

Not only that but, if you click the pic it starts a video. Showing them cutting the door off to get to the driver of the Panther truck.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
There ya go Phil.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByEO Forums1350566311.634738.jpg
    ImageUploadedByEO Forums1350566311.634738.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 225

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Our prayers and thoughts for the driver, his family and the crew at Panther.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It doesn't come right out and say it but it does say box truck slammed into a semi and if you look at the picture you see A panther box truck right behind ...

Sorry. No photo appeared on the story when I clicked the link. It showed up when I turned off my script blockers. Yes, it's a Panther truck.

Condolences to the driver's family and friends.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Life is precious. Be safe out there! Thoughts and prayers for this driver's family and to the Panther group as well.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Never a good thing when you see a tragedy like that. Just a momentary lapse in judgement or distraction can change things quickly.
Our thoughts and prayers goes out to this family as well.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
That's tough to watch. One lapse or distraction can be horrific. Sad that many on the US roads do not understand what we do. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
So sad. You never know what is waiting around the corner for you. You have to watch at all times, and sometimes that doesn't even help. You never know what actions others will take. I've seen some crazy drivers out lately. Very dangerous. Sad for the driver's family.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
According to the story, this was a rear-end collision. Watch your following distance, and pay attention when coming to a stop-light.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
According to the story, this was a rear-end collision. Watch your following distance, and pay attention when coming to a stop-light.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

The 1st thing I thought was driver error, but, I have to catch myself, could have been a number of other things, heart attack or other health issue, run away motor or other mechanical issue.

I had been researching the run away motor the last couple days before seeing this accident. After reading a couple runaways online I had one of those semi night mares where it happened to me in a dream. Not sure how I would react initially. I did explain to my wife if it happens to throw the truck in neutral since turning off the key would not stop the motor from accelerating out of control. Think if it happened at the most inopportune time, which is the only time it would happen, it would be quite startling.

If anyone can find out who the driver was, please post here, and if any help could be extended toward family.

Be careful out there.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
We don't know what happened as it's to early to say. My heart goes out to this drivers family.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Poor person didn't have a chance.wonder if he blacked or passed out,health issues.

Folks, not trying to befunny or anything but I wonder sometimes how ya'll run the way you do sometimes. Everyone be careful please. I don't like scenes like that.I know you don't.

That's the reason I tell anyone I pm that if you need to talk to someone at nite if you want to call do so. Maybe I could prevent some one from doseing off and driving while sleepy. Jason