Jung Express.

dotson_chuck

Active Expediter
Hey all. New to the forum. Been reading up on van expediting. I just spoke to a fleet owner about driving his van thru Jung. He told me I would get all of FSC and 75% of the load with him taking 25%. Said he was happy just making enough to make his payments. Not sure if this normal or if there may be something I didnt catch. No qualcomms. Everything done by smartphone via email. Also he said he has no fuel cards so obviosly I would need some cash before first check comes in for fuel. I also thought I read on here that they do not offer direct deposit? Any info would be appreciated.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
They pay very low. When they offer the load they not tell you the rate per mile.. You find out 2-3 weeks later when you see the settlement how much was the rate. No qualcoms not bad thing.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
The 75% sounds good...as long as you make sure that your not responsible for any expenses associated with the vehicle (insurance, tires, repairs, etc).

I know nothing about the company. Is there a possibility that he would let you take the van to a different company if your research finds Jung to be unsuitable?

dotson_chuck

Active Expediter
Not sure Rocketman but I will look into that. I am pre qualified for Panther. I am still waiting to hear from Load 1 as well. Load 1 and Turri have yet to get back to me, and are my top 2 choices as I am from MI also. I have a cdl A but I will drive anything if I can make some money.

TSexpediter

Seasoned Expediter
75% of what??? You cant take a decision if you dont know the rate! 75% says nothing.You must know the numbers in order to accept the load or not. Try other company where you know your rate. For example at Panther 77cents per mile plus FS.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
75% of what??? You cant take a decision if you dont know the rate! 75% says nothing.You must know the numbers in order to accept the load or not. Try other company where you know your rate. For example at Panther 77cents per mile plus FS.

77 cents? Not anymore, unless they changed something. Currently they are starting c/v drivers at 70 cents..plus 3 cents more if your a team or have hazmat. I hope they change it back to 77 cents, that extra 7 cents would pay off my qualcom fees and most if not all of my insurance.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using EO Forums

Last edited:

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
I doubt that Jung will pay you 70 cents plus FS. FS is usually 20 cents. I dont think but you can try. I would go with Load 1. Or go on Straight truck.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would ask how long before your first check and if its weekly after that

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
When i worked for Jung Express, i was getting 60percent of load plus fsc...all togethor, it averaged to around 75 80 cpm...but they can get you alot of miles. They dont have direct deposit,but they can "mail your check to the bank" ....No thanks

Last edited:

dotson_chuck

Active Expediter
no direct deposit. Checks mailed and bi weekly checks after that. Could be up to three weeks before first paycheck. I will look elsewhere. Thats alot of fuel burned before first check. I will find something that I can get some money after load accepted. Load 1 is my number one choice. I will wait and see.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
no direct deposit. Checks mailed and bi weekly checks after that. Could be up to three weeks before first paycheck. I will look elsewhere. Thats alot of fuel burned before first check. I will find something that I can get some money after load accepted. Load 1 is my number one choice. I will wait and see.
Im not sure that LoadOne is taking on any vans at the moment. Im pretty sure that a regular van is a no go for sure. Is this a sprinter van or regular cargo van?

dotson_chuck

Active Expediter
well I am looking to drive for an owner. Not really sure if Load 1 does that or not. But I will drive a straight.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
well I am looking to drive for an owner. Not really sure if Load 1 does that or not. But I will drive a straight.
I see. Its worth a shot. What experience do you have? If your able to drive a straight, the options for a ride and the money are both better.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter

Panther gives you 55 percent of load as soon as you leave shipper. Its a big help when your first starting out.

dotson_chuck

Active Expediter
Rocketman. I drove for a bottled water company driving both straight trucks and TT for 4.5 yrs. I am willing to team in a straight (which all that Panther is taking now) but not having someone i know, and for them to pair me up with someone i dont might turn into a nightmare. Too many unknowns. If you are a husband wife team then the money is going to the sme place. Not sure how that would work with someone i dont know being teamed with me.

wvcourier. Yeah thats what I want. Dont want to take the chance of being broke by first check.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Rocketman. I drove for a bottled water company driving both straight trucks and TT for 4.5 yrs. I am willing to team in a straight (which all that Panther is taking now) but not having someone i know, and for them to pair me up with someone i dont might turn into a nightmare. Too many unknowns. If you are a husband wife team then the money is going to the sme place. Not sure how that would work with someone i dont know being teamed with me.

wvcourier. Yeah thats what I want. Dont want to take the chance of being broke by first check.
If your needing work, be sure to tell them everything you just posted here (whatever company your looking at). You probably have a good shot of getting in a decent straight truck gig. Your best money will be in the straight.

dotson_chuck

Active Expediter
If your needing work, be sure to tell them everything you just posted here (whatever company your looking at). You probably have a good shot of getting in a decent straight truck gig. Your best money will be in the straight.

I may just do that. What is the difference in pay from a straight to a van? Ballpark as all loads are probably different.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I may just do that. What is the difference in pay from a straight to a van? Ballpark as all loads are probably different.
I'll send you a pm. For the most part though, as a driver, you'll get a better rate per mile in the straight truck and more miles too. Thats why I say "if your looking for work". Some people are retired and just want to travel the country. The van is all they need and the income is secondary. If the income is "primary", I advise a newbie to start in a straight if possible. You can learn the business in a straight without starving. In a van, the soup can get pretty thin at times for a newbie or the unprepared. My opinion.