Jung Express.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
ok. I will take your advice. Will look into straights more. i will wait for your pm.
PM sent.

I believe the straight truck at minimum will provide a steadier livable paycheck. Vans can be good one week and rock bottom the next. I also personally believe that the vans require more knowledge of the industry simply because we have to be more careful about we do.

I drove a straight truck for about 4 years before I moved to a van. It has been an adjustment and the feast or famine part of it is at least doubled in a van. Thats why I advise a newbie...who needs a steady paycheck... to go with the straight if they can.

Also, like I mentioned in the pm, you can use that cdl experience to get yourself in the door at one of the better carriers by driving a straight first. You can then explore the possibility of driving a van later. Many tines the same fleet owner may have straights and vans giving you the opportunity to try out both over a period of time. But that cdl experience is still the key that opens the door.

dotson_chuck

Active Expediter
Thanks for the info. You make some good points. I appreciate it. Like I said I will keep everyone updated as soon as I hear or decide where to sign on at.

turritrans

Expert Expediter
Not sure Rocketman but I will look into that. I am pre qualified for Panther. I am still waiting to hear from Load 1 as well. Load 1 and Turri have yet to get back to me, and are my top 2 choices as I am from MI also. I have a cdl A but I will drive anything if I can make some money.

Check you PM ;)