Why do you not use TA/Petro as your primary truck stop?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
TA/Petro would like to know the answer to this question and they are having a conference call for just this purpose.

If you are interested in participating, please send an email to Tom Liutkus <[email protected]> and tell him if you are a company driver or owner-operator. TA/Petro is working hard to understand YOUR needs as a professional driver and this is your chance to let them know why you are not currently their customer.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
They just raised the price for a thermos of coffee to $3.00....but just have never really liked TA..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Can't get that manager out of my head, beating on my door after midnite to get out of the parking lot and telling me to go to the Flying J. I did and never went back...ALL OF THEM!

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They just seem old and the buffet is priced for hogs.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
in the van segment...we want easy and simple.....we've discussed it here before TA knows already...we want to be able to pull up to any pump, swipe our Ultra One card, fuel up, and shower is credited....NO meal purchase requirement...feel we are being arm twisted into eating there...
and a lower fuel price would be nice...TA is 1 of the most expensive out there..
There is no free shower anymore anywhere....more like a discounted shower....

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'm kind of curious how long it's been since your last three visits.
We use them 90% of the time and am very happy with the modernization program and mainly the improvement in the food.
We do the salad bars probably four times a week average and my wife is constantly amazed as weekly she is complimenting the chef on the soup.
There's only two or three that we don't make an effort to go to.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why should showers be free? That is no different than expecting free meals or truck washes.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why should showers be free? That is no different than expecting free meals or truck washes.

oh stop it...you know darn well.....lol.....the olden days when showers where a complimentary item...now it is a profit centre....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No it is still the same in the old days they gave patrons free showers and used the honor system that they were patrons. Now there is no honor so they need to track who is legible. Why should a person who spends Nothing somewhere get a free shower there? Its no different than food there is cost involved. Water is much more expensive than in the old days as is the quality of the shower facilty itself.

My expediter card from them found a resting place in a trash receptical long ago.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No it is still the same in the old days they gave patrons free showers and used the honor system that they were patrons. Now there is no honor so they need to track who is legible. Why should a person who spends Nothing somewhere get a free shower there? Its no different than food there is cost involved. Water is much more expensive than in the old days as is the quality of the shower facilty itself.

we are agreeing ya know....there is NO free shower anymore....it is built into the cost of everything they sell....depending on ones contributions you now get a discounted shower...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I will say the food purchase requirement for vanners at ta petro is a non compete clause for me when compared to pilot/j. I find it very short sighted on their part. The competition set the standard and they choose to ignore it.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
My first run across Missouri/ stop was at a TA. Let's just say that the person of color was an unpleasant person and leave it at that. I sure some of you have seen her and that was 3 years ago and I have not been back . Petro I like, the ta's, well you only get one chance to make a good first impression... The J's, they were my favorite until they got stupid over gas cards and such and now they are somewhat tainted for me, but hey, I still prefer the J.... I use them when I travel.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Security at Denver East T/A telling me i was not allowed to park in front lot overnight with my SPrinter. I went across the highway to Sapp BRos I made my complaint to the T/A people at the EXP Expo last year and never heard a word back from them even though I gave them my Ultraone number, phone, and email address. So Pilot / Flying J and some Independent fuel stops get most of my business

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Security at Denver East T/A telling me i was not allowed to park in front lot overnight with my SPrinter. I went across the highway to Sapp BRos I made my complaint to the T/A people at the EXP Expo last year and never heard a word back from them even though I gave them my Ultraone number, phone, and email address. So Pilot / Flying J and some Independent fuel stops get most of my business

I think the TA only hires A-Holes. I'm in a mood...............

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Dirt..Plain and simple Its Dirt. (for areas I run)
From parking lots to the showers. T/A is in need of a major upgrade for the most part in my book.Not only the buildings but parking lots also.
I have been trying to get away from Pilot fuel for sometime now and been fueling with T/A/Petro a little more often but avoid layovers there when possible. (I do think I find the Petros to be a bit better and cleaner)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
This is your opportunity to talk with TA/Petro management and get your voices heard... Send Tom a email and let them know how you feel.

Over the past years we have found having these focus group conversations with TA/Petro they listen and they make changes. Great group of people and they want to hear from you.

Send an email and get involved to make changes for the better.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is your opportunity to talk with TA/Petro management and get your voices heard... Send Tom a email and let them know how you feel.

Over the past years we have found having these focus group conversations with TA/Petro they listen and they make changes. Great group of people and they want to hear from you.

Send an email and get involved to make changes for the better.

Will do Linda...Thanks....I know corporations sometimes move like snails...the cost evaluations/profit and loss studies and then instituting any changes...

I have seen a change for the better...:)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
TA has done a great deal of rebuilding the last several years. There are still old facilities that need improving, but they seem to be trying. I use TA/Petro as first choice, but it's whatever's closest.