June Locations and all the Banter who can post!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Empty in Quincy Ill. ..Had a 1st last night with this load...When it was dispatched i was told it was chocolate..i asked if it needed to remain coldthere was no way i could do that. They said shipper made no mention but it had to go straight thru, no "naps"..lol, the consignee was closed when i got there and i had to sit for 6 hrs...lol...ok lets do it... So i get to the shipper and the "1st" was, the load was 48x48x 60 and was covered top to bottom in a special self contained cover that kept the chocolate cold for up to 24 hours..the lady said they have different covers depending on how long of a time frame it takes to get the load delivered..I didn't have to do anything, just deliver it straight thru..when they "hand" unloaded the skid, they pulled the cover, then a layer of foil / bubble insulation then a layer of freezier paper. There were also "cold packs", about 10-15 of them scattered between the packages of the chocolate...and it was cold when they unloaded it..

No special needs or responsibilities from me and nothing out of the ordinary...just get it there within the time frame, it will be cold if that is done...i did and it was...:) Oh and this was not one of those "self contained" small electric refrigerated boxs...but i do think the cover had some type of "coolant" within it....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Empty in Quincy Ill. ..Had a 1st last night with this load...When it was dispatched i was told it was chocolate..i asked if it needed to remain coldthere was no way i could do that. They said shipper made no mention but it had to go straight thru, no "naps"..lol, the consignee was closed when i got there and i had to sit for 6 hrs...lol...ok lets do it... So i get to the shipper and the "1st" was, the load was 48x48x 60 and was covered top to bottom in a special self contained cover that kept the chocolate cold for up to 24 hours..the lady said they have different covers depending on how long of a time frame it takes to get the load delivered..I didn't have to do anything, just deliver it straight thru..when they "hand" unloaded the skid, they pulled the cover, then a layer of foil / bubble insulation then a layer of freezier paper. There were also "cold packs", about 10-15 of them scattered between the packages of the chocolate...and it was cold when they unloaded it..

No special needs or responsibilities from me and nothing out of the ordinary...just get it there within the time frame, it will be cold if that is done...i did and it was...:) Oh and this was not one of those "self contained" small electric refrigerated boxs...but i do think the cover had some type of "coolant" within it....

I've done 2 of them loads from that customer....I recycled the foil bubble wrap....I have lots at home....you never know who or when someone might need some....

I did NOT claim for the hand unload...
1. the consignee was very helpful
2. Rate was very good
3. It is a very good customer
4. I got to keep foil bubble wrap, that saved me money....

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I've done 2 of them loads from that customer....I recycled the foil bubble wrap....I have lots at home....you never know who or when someone might need some....

I did NOT claim for the hand unload...
1. the consignee was very helpful
2. Rate was very good
3. It is a very good customer
4. I got to keep foil bubble wrap, that saved me money....

The shipper was great, the consignee started out good, but while not ugly, it ...well it ended good and they did the hand unload not me...oh i did take the skid he left in the truck and all the "cold packs" off for him, LOL....but the rate was excellent...and i didn't keep the foil....now its "how long do i hang in Quincy....hmmmm...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The shipper was great, the consignee started out good, but while not ugly, it ...well it ended good and they did the hand unload not me...oh i did take the skid he left in the truck and all the "cold packs" off for him, LOL....but the rate was excellent...and i didn't keep the foil....now its "how long do i hang in Quincy....hmmmm...

Something tells me a trip to Peru/LaSalle is in order....LOL

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cheese curds and venison sausage.for lunch. Now thats living!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Still at home.. kinda restricted as to where I can go.. gotta be home next 2 weekends. This weekend .. fathers day, plus my 2 granddaughters' birthday.... next weekend, my daughter becomes an Ordained Minister. Lotta years shes been working towards this. Graduated with dual major,served internship with a children's Pastor , working full time as a teacher, now next step. Very proud of her.

Hopefully I can make needed $ while staying reasonably close enough to run home.

Dale

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Cheese curds and venison sausage.for lunch. Now thats living!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

I agree!! But its gettin close to dinner time here in Quincy Ill and i ain't eatin here...time to head to Dinner in Peru Ill, Cabin Fever, hold me a seat, ill be there later !!! :D