Load 1 Florida office ?

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Is this the same load 1 LLC out of Michigan ? If so wow they have some super low rates I mean they are lower than CH. For example Lowell, ma to Greensboro, NC 4 stop delivery for $800 seriously ? WOWSERS I hope they are not affiliated with the Michigan load 1.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
If they (we) do, I wasn't informed. My vote is no.

Man I hope not because that would be a insult to John's reputation as a advocate for fighting against cheap freight ! They are using mc #456807.

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I dont know of any office other then Taylor....the was talk of one a yr or so ago in the Carolina's , but that got put on back burner after John committted to all of the improvements in taylor including the new building for the shop, safety and recruiting...

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Well that Load 1 LLC is posting loads like crazy from MA to all over the USA on truckersedge and internettruckstop. 407 area code is the # .

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We have independent brokerage agent offices (a little like Landstar). Each office books and brokers their own freight. We actually have a few of them in different locations. I can't speak for the rates because I don't know the specifics of the account. But that office handles general truckload with a few customers out of the NE, it is for sure not expedite type freight.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Sorry to hear that John they are giving you a bad name with the insulting rates ! Truly insulting! And their loads I saw was MA ! And that isn't even TL freight that is non english speaking begger freight !
But thats the this industry is turning into just cheap freight.

We have independent brokerage agent offices (a little like Landstar). Each office books and brokers their own freight. We actually have a few of them in different locations. I can't speak for the rates because I don't know the specifics of the account. But that office handles general truckload with a few customers out of the NE, it is for sure not expedite type freight.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's all about supply and demand. There are a lot of people moving the cheap freight right now and shippers are having a field day. You can fight for higher rates day and night "but that is all idealistic" when in reality the rates are going to be determined by how many trucks are sitting around in any given area. If there are more trucks than there is freight the rates are going to continue to go down.

I had this lady call me last week trying to get some barstools moved from North Carolina to Pomona California over the weekend for under 800 dollars! I politely told her to call an LTL carrier and pray to god that her chairs don't get busted up in one of their break bulk stations. The customer always wants cheap and will complain about every little thing that goes wrong. It's all part of the logistics game!

idtrans

Expert Expediter
So very true just sad to see this happening to the industry But I guess since so many bottom feeders out there why not let many of the big companies just get rich off it LOL. They get what they pay for in the long run it's their clients products and their reputation that could get damaged from junk trucks hauling junk freight.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You know what the sad thing about all of this rate cutting is? When I am driving my van or any truck for that matter I will provide the same level of service and professionalism whether I am geting paid 50 cents per mile or 3 dollars per mile. I even do the same thing right now with my leased on guys. Every customer gets top knotch service, even if I have to cut down the rate to get the load. You can take the boy out of the truck but you can't take the truck out of the boy!

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Well you can see when you deliver they honestly don't care anymore about truck drivers of any size truck outhouses, more security, no entry to docks while loading or unloading, brokers using #'s from other area codes to protect themselves from harm for cutting rates the list goes on.

I agree I always take care of the cargo and the clients. But with rates like these it's getting to the point who cares and i'm seeing the attitude in more and more OO and drivers getting to the point that they don't care. It's truly sad.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
If the DOT's from all over the usa would do their job and start revoking CDL's for NON english speaking drivers from ALL COUNTRIES ! Then freight would go up seriously I heard if you don't speak english you can have a interpreter for taking CDL test now that is a darn shame and insult to the CDL system. Instead of worrying about cell phones and hours why not worry about people that can read signs and communicate in this country ! So they may operate a commercial vehicle safely !

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If the DOT's from all over the usa would do their job and start revoking CDL's for NON english speaking drivers from ALL COUNTRIES ! Then freight would go up seriously I heard if you don't speak english you can have a interpreter for taking CDL test now that is a darn shame and insult to the CDL system. Instead of worrying about cell phones and hours why not worry about people that can read signs and communicate in this country ! So they may operate a commercial vehicle safely !

The DOT is not all that interested in safety, just ways to increase revenue. This administration, just as others in the past, show no interest in enforcing these laws. They are beholding to finding ways to keep costs down for their big campaign donors. Whether or not we have a job is of no interest to them.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Supply and demand are really the market forces. The rates between Detroit and Chicago on truckload vary by over $200 depending on which direction you are going???? Same miles, same freight??? Much like the NE. Smart carriers go in at well over $2 a mile, knowing the rates are low coming out of there or they bid high enough to run back part way empty. I completely understand that rates out of the NE are low, but the same argument for the excessive rates going in would apply. Simply put, supply and demand is more geographical than any other factors. Truckload is a far different business than expedite.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Supply and demand are really the market forces. ... Simply put, supply and demand is more geographical than any other factors. Truckload is a far different business than expedite.

Are there any guidelines or general principles that expediters can can be articulated to help expedite understand the freight market, freight availability, pricing and movement? Brokers and carriers have all kinds of information about shippers and freight. What can the expediters who haul the stuff know?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
This is truckload freight. Similar to expedite but different market dynamics.

I honestly don't know of any tools off the top of my head that apply to the expedite market.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
john it's called bottom feeder freight it's below cheap freight lol. .90 cents a mile seriously john!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Again, it is an independent agent brokerage office, so much like owner operators they are not employees.

I am guessing that you didn't go in there for less than 2.50-2.75 a mile? Why did you charge such a high rate, because of the market forces that is why. If the rates off the NE were averaging $1.45 a mile, you would be getting a buck or so less going in there.

We take truckloads from Detroit to Chicago at fairly tight rates. Now we know we are coming back at almost twice the rate per mile.

I personally don't like it and would love to see relatively level rates across all markets, but supply and demand is what runs the rates, not the carriers.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I ran NE regional for Arnold for well over a year and they always used cheap freight better known as back hauls to get us back for another beer load. You would really need to be near Boston or NYC to get a load that wasn't cheap. I left my home in central NY, picked up a load south of Boston that I just delivered northwest of Houston that paid $3.20/mile including DH. I knew I was going to TX which can be hit or miss and that I had tolls so both those factors were calculated into the rate I would accept. The area that the freight is delivered is always calculated into the rate which brokers and shippers should expect.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums