"How can I kill this man?"

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Maybe I shouldn't even respond to this but if it were me I would find the name of an inmate serving life and put a contract on him. If that were me.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
A very wise man once said:

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

But some aren't down with that ..... even if they do claim to follow the man that said it ....

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If it were my child(ren) I'd have the same thought the father did followed by the same thought purgoose did.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
If it were my child(ren) I'd have the same thought he did followed by the same thought you did.
See .... I tried to warn ya ... use that quote button ...... otherwise might mistakenly think you are replying to me :rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know about the revenge part, I DO know that there are often VERY GOOD reasons for 'preemptive' strikes.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
A very wise man once said:

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Sometimes being a good Christian is hard to do (nobody said it was easy). If it were one of my children and I had a chance, I doubt that I would be favorably looked upon come judgement day

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sometimes being a good Christian is hard to do (nobody said it was easy). If it were one of my children and I had a chance, I doubt that I would be favorably looked upon come judgement day

No one could say I was perfect. Tried, did not and will not always succeed.

There are far too many out there who are afraid to pick up the slack and protect the innocent from harm. Jail would be worth some acts to me.

Mdbtyhtr

Expert Expediter
everybody can be reached, anywhere. Somebody, somewhere, doesn't like you. Patience is the key, now is too soon. Let the wrath from God deal with him where he is going. Sometimes killing him will bring a cessation of pain to him and open up unending torture in your own conscious. Let it go.

Scott

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Matthew 5:38: "You have heard that it has been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth"

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Heheheh .... I'm guessin' probably not ...

Some folks seem to make it a habitual to not look .... at a great many things .....

Some folks? I would venture to guess that everyone has suffered from that malady from time to time. Even more than they may think.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
Matthew 5:38: "You have heard that it has been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth"

Care to expound on that?

You're asking me to expound upon / explain the meaning of one of the most well-known Bible verses and legal principles in the history of civilization?:confused: You're kidding - right?? Maybe if you had just landed from Pluto that would make sense, but being the good Christian you are I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about; but maybe I should have instead referred to Leviticus 24:19 - 22:

[SUP]19[/SUP]And if a man cause a blemish in his neighbour; as he hath done, so shall it be done to him;
[SUP]20[/SUP]Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.
[SUP]21[/SUP]And he that killeth a beast, he shall restore it: and he that killeth a man, he shall be put to death.
[SUP]22[/SUP]Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: for I am the LORD your God.

This is the foundation for the Law of Equivalency, establishing that the punishment fits the crime. True, that the New Testament doesn't exactly hold firmly to this principle and promotes the concept of "turning the other cheek"; try telling that to someone whose wife and/or children have been raped, tortured and murdered by some low life criminal. There might be one or two among us that think of themselves to be so superior and pure of heart and mind that they would rise above the urge of vengeance under those circumstances. Most likely they are delusional and not in touch with reality, or maybe they just like to spout off self-promoting nonsense. Fact is, no one can really comprehend the grief, shock and stress that happens to people whose families are victims of these crimes of violence. Perhaps if this code was followed more strictly in today's society there would be fewer of these criminals roaming free in our midst.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Pilgrim

[SUP]19[/SUP]And if a man cause a blemish in his neighbour; as he hath done, so shall it be done to him;
[SUP]20[/SUP]Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.
[SUP]21[/SUP]And he that killeth a beast, he shall restore it: and he that killeth a man, he shall be put to death.
[SUP]22[/SUP]Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: for I am the LORD your God.

This is the foundation for the Law of Equivalency, establishing that the punishment fits the crime. True, that the New Testament doesn't exactly hold firmly to this principle and promotes the concept of "turning the other cheek"; try telling that to someone whose wife and/or children have been raped, tortured and murdered by some low life criminal.

A couple important things here: The general equity portions of the Old Testament, including the eye-for-an-eye part, were set forth specifically for ancient Israel, and though they are certainly useful in determining what's right, they cannot be transmuted straight across into today's Western, non-theocratic society.

Second, the "turn the other cheek" part did not refer to physical violence or other crimes. It's very symbolic. The allusion is to an insult, using the image of an insulting slap across the cheek, like you might picture someone in years past slapping someone with their glove as an invitation to duel. That--an insult, especially for reasons of religious persecution--is the circumstance in which we're to turn the other cheek. It has no applicability to forgoing criminal prosecution for crimes.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's a very good question. It was posed by the father of the victims of Joseph Duncan. Sadly, he won't have that opportunity. That's too bad. He should if he chooses.

Yes indeed, he certainly should be able to kill Mr. Duncan if he so chooses. Also, Mrs. Duncan, Joe's mother; can I call Joseph, Joe, certainly should have been able to kill Joe before he was born, had she chosen to do so. Jeez that sanctity of life thing is a bit conflicting. Joe is an asswhipe in the first degree, let's kill him! Mrs. Duncan wants to abort Joseph, but it is illegal. Let's kill him anyway. What a dilemma!

Personally I'm in the sanctity of life camp. I don't believe capital punishment is right and I don't believe abortion is right. You can't have it both ways, although sometimes with people like Joe Duncan it is tempting to want to fry his grits.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes indeed, he certainly should be able to kill Mr. Duncan if he so chooses. Also, Mrs. Duncan, Joe's mother; can I call Joseph, Joe, certainly should have been able to kill Joe before he was born, had she chosen to do so. Jeez that sanctity of life thing is a bit conflicting. Joe is an asswhipe in the first degree, let's kill him! Mrs. Duncan wants to abort Joseph, but it is illegal. Let's kill him anyway. What a dilemma!

Personally I'm in the sanctity of life camp. I don't believe capital punishment is right and I don't believe abortion is right. You can't have it both ways, although sometimes with people like Joe Duncan it is tempting to want to fry his grits.

There is a HUGH difference between INNOCENT life and a disgusting slime bag.

INNOCENT should be protected. I even believe that there can be legit cases made for 'pre-emptive" strike being made to PREVENT innocent life from be destroyed.

Like when liberal judges who RELEASE confessed child molesters after only 9 months in prison, KNOWING that the mother (?) of an 8 year old girl intends to marry that slug and move him in with her AND her daughter.

TRUE and on going case. By the way, he PREFERS 8 year old girls. I guess it's just OKEE DOKEE if this "PIG" and her useless "mother" RUIN this little girls life. ANOTHER judge, for now, has slapped a NO CONTACT order on the slug, but of coarse it is being appealed. NO ONE has seen fit to remove the girl from the home of a obviously unfit mother.

I see NO problem in shooting that judge, the mother(?) and the slug to prevent that INNOCENT little girls life from being destroyed.

Not all life is 'sacred".

Justify not protecting this child. THIS IS REAL, NOT FICTION!

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

I'd settle for one way. God, under certain circumstances, prescribes capital punishment, and proscribes prenatal infanticide in all circumstances. He says taking a life is permissible here, and impermissible there. That's not both ways; that's one way.

2012: Ron Paul or not at all.
The lesser of two evils is still evil.