March Banter and Location

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
looks all clear 60 miles east of me......Like I said a whole 9 degrees here.....

I guess that's why we live on the western side of the state...it's a balmy 34 degrees here, but are predicting another snow shower and then it's going to be in the 40's and 50's...I think spring is sprung!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well my philosophy is pretty simple. We target steady customers with good paying freight. We don't target any particular industry. I honestly don't care what we haul. I just care that if pays well so my trucks do well. Being based in the midwest where 80% of manufacturing occurs we are always more likely to haul more auto/mfg related products. I don't think owner ops or drivers look to go to a company based on what they haul, the attraction is keeping moving and making money. Airfreight is actually one of our largest segments. But once again, auto/mfg is a big part of the airfreight market.

Funny thing is our truckload group is not a family carrier to the big 3. We have been approached many times, but we have chosen not to go that route.

You are going to see a number of good things this year. Some of them will continue to diversify our customer base. But as we grow more and more mfg companies are joining our customer base. Our brand name and our service are the only things we can sell. We are not a company who will win in a pricing war. I prefer to pull my troops back and let others fight that losing battle.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well my philosophy is pretty simple. We target steady customers with good paying freight. We don't target any particular industry. I honestly don't care what we haul. I just care that if pays well so my trucks do well. Being based in the midwest where 80% of manufacturing occurs we are always more likely to haul more auto/mfg related products. I don't think owner ops or drivers look to go to a company based on what they haul, the attraction is keeping moving and making money. Airfreight is actually one of our largest segments. But once again, auto/mfg is a big part of the airfreight market.

Funny thing is our truckload group is not a family carrier to the big 3. We have been approached many times, but we have chosen not to go that route.

You are going to see a number of good things this year. Some of them will continue to diversify our customer base. But as we grow more and more mfg companies are joining our customer base. Our brand name and our service are the only things we can sell. We are not a company who will win in a pricing war. I prefer to pull my troops back and let others fight that losing battle.

Amen, boss....some think it is so easy....there is a lot more to just putting a load on a truck. Any fool cAn do that.....

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

I really miss that "LIKE" button.....

Morning from the yard. Just got up. Alarm started cussing me out for hitting the snooze button so much. :)

Going to fix breakfast in a bag. Something new I got at the store the other day. We'll see how that goes....

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Pretty excited to see what's in the works for load one. I also found my home and as long as the company allows me to continue to haul freight I will be here forever.

But about to finish my drive home. Hope everyone has a great day !

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Sorry we didn't get you too the house Chris. You are actually our longest sitter (I love how that bad karma seems to happen). Glad you found a home with us.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter

Thanks Boss!!! I don't care what it is, dispatch can put it on my truck....:)

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Sorry we didn't get you too the house Chris. You are actually our longest sitter (I love how that bad karma seems to happen). Glad you found a home with us.

I appreciate that john but you don't have to say sorry. I knew dispatch done their best and sometimes things just don't work out. A weekend dispatcher came out and talked to me last weekend and said they are trying to get me home so I knew they were trying

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There's no question our dispatchers are hard working, and they do their jobs extraordinarily well. I'll just be glad when they get access to different customers and boards so that I can get a load out of KC, southern AL and the east coast, instead of deadheading out of there.

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
There's no question our dispatchers are hard working, and they do their extraordinarily jobs well. I'll just be glad when they get access to different customers and boards so that I can get a load out of KC, southern AL and the east coast, instead of deadheading out of there.
I keep trying to add Bison, SD to that list so I could see my hubby more than once every other month................