Driving a school bus vs. straight truck

misammy1

Seasoned Expediter
Me and the wife are curious on any input from someone who has driven both.
We currently drive a bus but ready to jump back into expediting. We have experience
In a sprinter but left to get our class b and get some experience driving
something bigger.
We're shooting an application to Panther to get qualified and start
Looking for an owner, maybe put an ad here under Team available.
Any input with that is welcome. We love the lifestyle and can't wait to jump in a straight truck and get out there.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Me and the wife are curious on any input from someone who has driven both.
We currently drive a bus but ready to jump back into expediting. We have experience
In a sprinter but left to get our class b and get some experience driving
something bigger.
We're shooting an application to Panther to get qualified and start
Looking for an owner, maybe put an ad here under Team available.
Any input with that is welcome. We love the lifestyle and can't wait to jump in a straight truck and get out there.

Lot quieter in a stright truck. ;) done both. Both have their ups and downs. If I had to pick today i'd take the bus. But I want to be home with my family. If not for them give me the stright truck.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Tapatalk

moose

Veteran Expediter
are you School bus drivers a part of a Gov. program called
"No child left behind". ?

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
are you School bus drivers a part of a Gov. program called
"No child left behind". ?

like.jpg

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Ive driven both, but with todays children its more like listening to BRATS ON CANDY...I love driving my straight truck, My Own Mom asked me what do you do while driving, I answered I Observe the world around me, I listen to various radio and talk shows, I seek out alternative, faster routes sometimes through small town and down 2 lane highways, although I see plenty now. I pay attention to things of interest and mark WAYPOINTS so after delivery I can revist and see Americana etc....I said its no boring at all to me, just the opposite, its JOY....Its the pleasure of being my own boss, and earning a living doing what I enjoy....Outside of a few Very large congested citys theres few places Id go, or enjoy going to...

I can still drive a bus, but short of being threatened with death by electric shock Never again...unless its a TOURBUS then its a different story..