Update on Jack Berry.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Gracie asked that I share her latest updates with you all. Jack's decline is continuing unfortunately, and she covets your prayers.

Jan 13
Jack's world is even narrower now that the snow has finally arrived in Wisconsin. He lives in the living room (at least he lives in the "right" room!), eating, sleeping, watching TV from the recliner. He has shoulder pain, made worse in a bed, even the hospital bed. His voice is almost gone and eating is becoming more difficult. He gets most of his calories from his feeding tube.
Yet he still smiles and laughs and feels all the love sent to him.
Thank you on his behalf
-

From Jan 22.

Todd Neva just continues to bless us with his ideas for keeping Jack going and communicating. His latest is a laser light that attaches to Jack's glasses and a qwerty chart, with words like Yes - No - Up - Down etc. so he can "talk" to me as his voice gets rougher and unclear.

Tonight's post.

Jack continues his decline. He can no longer walk nor even stand up. The last couple of days he has started to have problems with fluid in his throat. We have been supplied with more equipment; he is refusing additional oxygen. We have had the heat turned up at his request, now he bundles in blankets to keep warm as it is easier in a cooler room.
Thursday we see the neurologist again.

Dale please let people know. I know there are others who care. Also, this is an open page, just like it to see the messages, i do not have to friend anyone for them to see it
And we still have a van to sell, dropped.price.to $20,000.

Jack Berry's Journey with ALS | Facebook

Please visit their Facebook page and if you need a good hightop Ford Van, drop them a line.

Thanks,

Dale

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Dale,

We are sorry to hear this. I know the EO community has been a positive resource during this time. We would like to continue that as we bring awareness that his van is still available at reasonable price. Please consider this if you are looking for a van.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I'm in the market. I will check in to it. Thanks!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

That would make someone a good van. From what I remember of your operation... might be perfect for ya. I' m betton that "bugging them" is not a problem. In fact, you would probably be a godsend to them if you bought it...in their situation.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
That would make someone a good van. From what I remember of your operation... might be perfect for ya. I' m betton that "bugging them" is not a problem. In fact, you would probably be a godsend to them if you bought it...in their situation.

It might. It depends.. I don't have perfect credit, so if its got a ton of miles on it my bank will likely run like a scared little girl.

They will write a 50-60K note on a new one, but used they all have been rather picky.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
If I remeber from when we had the van at the EXPO this past July, it has around 144,000 miles..

Send Gracie a PM here:

http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=3100

She would love to get rid of it and you would most certainly we helping them...it is turnkey and ready to haul freight ...

with the value of the upfit, and the miles.

I can tell you their answer.

he** no..

I will run what I have information wise across the loan writer and see what they say. when I found a 05 G3500 with a 10 ft box for 8500 they said no.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I hate to bring this up but what I meant was I think that Ontime media can contact their advertisers/sponsors and see if one of them can help out. I think the relationship between OTM and those may help sell it faster than just the members at large ... Just saying ...