Kissing The Ring Of "The Donald"....

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Why are the Republican candidates so fast to "kiss the ring" of Donald Trump and do we really need another "gotcha question debate" from left-wingers? The attempt is to turn this political season into a circus and too many are happily playing along.

We need more "forums" like Huckabee had the other night where the questions are brought forth from people of intelligence and the time is given for the candidate to offer his/her intelligent answer, no interruptions from a rambunctious audience, not even allowed to mention the other candidates names. It was better than all the other debates combined.

And Michelle Malkin reminds us of just who is involved in this debacle.

If you missed the forum Saturday night, here's the link.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I believe the GOP contenders (except Paul and Huntsman) have concluded it's better to have Trump with them than against them. For better or worse, much of what Trump advocates has struck a chord with many voters; particularly, on issues such as trade, currency and foreign policy.

Sure, Trump is a flamboyant showman. Yet, there is value to be found in every political debate. A Trump moderated debate would draw a huge audience. Perhaps, voters who are disinclined to even listen to GOP contenders would tune in and hear a different perspective.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I believe the GOP contenders (except Paul and Huntsman) have concluded it's better to have Trump with them than against them. For better or worse, much of what Trump advocates has struck a chord with many voters; particularly, on issues such as trade, currency and foreign policy.

Sure, Trump is a flamboyant showman. Yet, there is value to be found in every political debate. A Trump moderated debate would draw a huge audience. Perhaps, voters who are disinclined to even listen to GOP contenders would tune in and hear a different perspective.

Understood but it all just seems "tacky".:p

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
These "debates" have become cheap campaign ads for the GOP contenders - they show up for these things and plead their cases instead of having to spend precious ad dollars before the primaries even start. Eventually these productions will grow old unless the also-rans start getting culled and the field gets down to the top 2 or 3.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
These "debates" have become cheap campaign ads for the GOP contenders - they show up for these things and plead their cases instead of having to spend precious ad dollars before the primaries even start. Eventually these productions will grow old unless the also-rans start getting culled and the field gets down to the top 2 or 3.

The winnowing process is active now. By the end of January or early February there will be only 2 or 3 viable candidates. Very soon, we will have a presumptive nominee. Before most primary voters even get to cast a vote, a prohibitive frontrunner will emerge.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't know if anyone has noticed but trump has his show on NBC which is owned by GE. He has no hesitation to work with those who support Obama to make money so I wonder if he actually supports Obama.

This guy has no convictions and shouldn't be taken seriously.

I have to ask the republican candidates why would they stoop to the level of trump and try to get him on their side?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Trump thinks Obama has been a disaster as president. He doesn't want him to be reelected.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Trump thinks Obama has been a disaster as president. He doesn't want him to be reelected.

I don't know about that, you have to dig deep to find out how he has been making money and what he does support to make that money, working for GE is only one.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It just seems to smack of "conflict of interest" when a huckster like the Donald hosts a "debate" with the pre-announced intention of declaring an endorsement afterward. Assuming he gets 5 of them to show up, what's he going to do when it's over - "fire" 4 of them? Besides, nobody's going to watch this thing when they've got the Belk Bowl at 8:00PM that night to watch instead.