Expo and bbq huge success!

MANIAC

Seasoned Expediter
Thank you everyone who attended the expo! Got alot of good feedback from expediters and vendors!
Just want to take a moment to thank on-time media,
lawrence mccord and his wonderful wife for another great show as always!
Thanks to lawrence and the gang for providing the meat and all the fixins for the bbq!
Just want to say thank you to genie, gene, don and robin miller, jerry, martin, suzy, and everyone else that busted their hineys to pull off another successful bbq!
Jerry, you knocked it ouuta the park with the brisket man! And all his equipment made this year tons better!
And last but not least bob and linda caffee for their guidance and suggestions!
We will again this year be tweeking and improving streamlining and making everything more efficient for "you" the drivers!
Fellowship and commradery is alive and well in our industry!
John elliot and the load 1 gang, thank you sooooooooooooooo much for those fans! So much cooler this year!
Remember, when you see our diamond delivery truck parked out in front of a t/a-petro across this great country of ours, don't be afraid to come over and say hello! If we are cooking , come on over and break bread, don't be bashful!
See you guys soon!:d

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you Rodney and a BIG thank you to Jerry for stepping in and turning it up a notch....I got to stay away from them hot grills...LOL

And about them fans....well ya see John E. has become something of a hot air solutions type guy in the last year....having to deal with Me, TJP and Chefdennis...:p..LMAO

The Wilmington Womens Shelter got all the unopened leftover food....it was greatly appreciated especially in these tough times....:)

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
More than glad to help! Really nice event that keeps on growing every year!

(OVM nailed it.) :cool:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
WE NEED A BIGGER TENT....

A huge thanks to Lawrence for all of the meat, condiments, tent, table and chairs, flyers and having this event each year! There was a lot of effort put into the BBQ by a lot of people which was very evident.

Gotta Go can organize one heck of an event and I cannot wait to see what she pulls off for next year. The heat was brutal for all and if the cooks were very thankful for the fans. I am not sure they could have done nearly as good of job as they did without those fans.

It was HOT but there was plenty to eat, plenty to drink, and of interesting people to visit with.

Attachments

• DSC01924.jpg
    DSC01924.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 52

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
What a great time!! Food was great and those CHEFS cookin, My hats off to you all!! The temp outside, the heat coming off those grills, and all the "hot air" from all those "truckers BS'n!! you guys did a great job!!

Deals were made, people talked of changing carriers, we put faces with names and it was all in great fun!!

I also want to thank EVERYONE that found it ion their hearts to help out when we "Passed the Hat" for the benefit of the Berrys! Thank you one and all for your Generousity..I know i can speak for Jack and Gracie..you all are Great people and your donations are greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
Yha, great event,good times,wonderful get together.
thank's ya'll for working soo hard to make it happens, the chickens sticks was fantastic !.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
All around a wonderful event that will be hard to top.

Thanks John for the BBQ, it's pretty obvious how everyone feels about you and your organization. I noticed no other company's even showed up except for the drivers. Great bunch of folk's and it speaks highly of the Expedite industry as a whole.

Lawrence another great year. The last I attended was in Michigan when about 15 vendors were present. What can we say but thanks and looking forward to next year Lord willing.

Great to meet the other forum members and put faces to the names. Now I know how OVM got his reputation. lol! It's great to see how the Load 1 team sticks together. The only way to expand that is be the best you can be where your at

Thanks again for the great week end.;)

Ment to ad that the Briskets were great.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
All around a wonderful event that will be hard to top.

Thanks John for the BBQ, it's pretty obvious how everyone feels about you and your organization. I noticed no other company's even showed up except for the drivers. Great bunch of folk's and it speaks highly of the Expedite industry as a whole.

Lawrence another great year. The last I attended was in Michigan when about 15 vendors were present. What can we say but thanks and looking forward to next year Lord willing.

Great to meet the other forum members and put faces to the names. Now I know how OVM got his reputation. lol! It's great to see how the Load 1 team sticks together. The only way to expand that is be the best you can be where your at

Thanks again for the great week end.;)

I can't tell...was that a good thing? LOL

Great to meet you too....cookedgoose....LOL

MissKat

Expert Expediter
I wanted to introduce myself purgoose after the roundtable session and talk Oregon fishing but I couldn't find you.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Terry O'Connell attended the BBQ from FedEx Custom Critical and made the rounds.

There were probably other carriers represented and I did not recognize them.

There were also several vendors in attendance that I noticed and I am sure I missed some.

Shelly and John from CIS
Bjorn Cannon from Real Wheels
Don Bentz Bolt Custom Trucks
Jeff Jones Stoops Specialty Trucks
Steve Pollock Movin' Out Magazine

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I wanted to introduce myself purgoose after the roundtable session and talk Oregon fishing but I couldn't find you.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I was under the tent trying to stay cool. Lot's of people hard to find anyone. Next time.;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Terry O'Connell attended the BBQ from FedEx Custom Critical and made the rounds.

There were probably other carriers represented and I did not recognize them.

There were also several vendors in attendance that I noticed and I am sure I missed some.

Shelly and John from CIS
Bjorn Cannon from Real Wheels
Don Bentz Bolt Custom Trucks
Jeff Jones Stoops Specialty Trucks
Steve Pollock Movin' Out Magazine
Anne Muszynski from Bolt

Panther was there, and sponsored the Jungle Animal demo - it was pretty neat. :)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm checking out the Expo threads and it looks like everyone had a great time. The middle of the week it was starting to look like I'd make it, then a sizable pile of money was waved in my face and I'm a boy that just can't say no. Well, you know, someone's gotta keep things going while the rest of you play. Glad to hear it was a great time!

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you to EO, Lawerence, for the food, bigger tent, tables-chairs. Thank you to everyone who brought something, made something. Thank you to the men who cooked in the brutal heat.
Now-I want to give a thank you to some special people

JERRY and his son DAVID-who worked so hard for 2 days,unloading equipment they brought-preping-setting up,cooking,cleaning up. What amazing people. They never got to see the show. They brought coolers,of stuff,tables,a cook tent for the cooks, what a difference they made this year. If they come next year-I vote Jerry in charge, he and his son are so organized, they great people, Martin who helped lug equipment in and out-these men we're great!!!!!

Next- to SHARON and GARY GUTHRIE,now of Express One. This is the second year they have come to the rescue and used their reefer truck to hold all the cold goods. The reefer was very expensive to run in this heat with the doors being opened and closed for 2 days. Thank you to all who made a donation to help them defray the costs. I know you''re donation was appreaciated, if they do it next year,hopefully more will help them out. Sharon-Gary-hats off to you.

For those who attended-had a good time-forgot to thank those who voluntered -it's not too late-post a thank you. Hopefully next year more people will volunteer-that would be great!!!!!

Thank you. you are the best ! A great sucess !!!!!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The BBQ was a great success due to all of the volunteers who spend much more of their time than just the day of the BBQ. The day of the BBQ is by far the most brutal day of all the cumulation of the planning.

The BBQ planning starts several months in advance with conference calls between the volunteers and the EO Staff. Some of the first decisions we discuss is the tent, the table and chairs, trash cans, as well as port a pots. Next between all of the participants we start discussing what meat will be cooked, who will be bringing a grill, who will be cooking, and what extra's anyone wants to bring or if they know someone who has something they can share. Lawrence is awesome through all of this as we decide what to cook and Lawrence says fine, Carol picks up everything we have asked for and brings it the Expo with a smile.

As the BBQ gets closer we discuss the basics who will be posting about the BBQ, getting a reefer lined out and where everything will be placed. Once again Sharon and Gary volunteered their reefer and everyone was asked to give them a little money to defray the costs of running the reefer.

Each volunteer stepped up to the plate and did what they said they were going to do and followed through. With out this kind of professionalism the BBQ would not be the huge success it is and each year we are learning new things on how to make it better the next year. We have not yet learned how to cool down the whole area...

Gotta Go was at the Expo early getting everything organized so that when the grills and cooks arrived the tent tables and chair where in place and ready to go.

As always we are looking for more volunteers ....

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I must say..I had an interesting position this year...seated at the beginning of the line for food.(crowd control) LOL...everyone had to pass by me.....met a lot of people...:) I felt like a greeter at Walmart....:D

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
OVM you did a fine job as a greeter.... and your help organizing the BBQ was much appreciated cannot wait for next year.