transporter Diet aug 15

greg334

Veteran Expediter
How much more sugar is in it though?
These waldenfarms dressings are 0 cal 0 fat 0 carb 0 sugar LOL

The amount of sugar on the label is not an indication of the amount sugar is in the dressing.

There are hidden sugars that are not listed, that are part of the ingredients and it sometimes will show up as glucose within the product, it is the level of glucose that matters for many of us.

Walden farms is a no no for me, the reason is the type of splenda they use, it is not the same as the table splenda I use and for some reason it affects my glucose level. I think it is the commercial blend version, not the straight up version. The reason I am thinking this is the price difference is BIG between the two and I would think the wholesale cost would be more or less at the retail price if they used the right stuff.

There is a trick to some of this - hunts puts on their label that there is no corn syrup but there is in the tomato concentrate as a sweetener to balance out the acidity.

Shouldn't this thread be somewhere else? :D

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
We like the thread here greg, no need to transport it somewhere else:rolleyes:

I will look at the kraft dressings for later on, right now I am limited to the walden farms.
4th day and finally feeling better, no sugar for 4 days has to be a record for me

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Transporter you don't need a "diet" so to speak such as weight watchers or cabbage soup diet, ect. 1 1/2 years ago I was quite a bit over 200 pounds. Size 22. I just bought a new pair of shorts. Guess what they are 6 slim's. What did I do different. I cut out all items containing HFCS (High Frutcose Corn Syrup), cut out most of the sugar, Gorged on fruit. Took a good multi-vitamin and another vitamin with L-Carisine and herbs called Can-c. I try to keep my food intake to 1500 to 2000 calories a day or less. You will be amazed at how much you can eat and still keep the calorie count. Don't deprive yourself if you really want something, go ahead and have it in moderation and then jump back on the wagon. If you want ice cream, go ahead and have it just get the sugar-free. If you want a piece of chocolate, hey go for it, Russell Stovers has some great sugar-free chocolates. I can't not tell you how much better I feel both about myself and health / physically. The best thing is I eat so much I don't feel deprived of anything. Diet Rootbeer and Mountain Dew is really good, can't tell the difference, and those salsa chips over by the rice cakes are awesomely good. :p

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
FYI watch out closely for the HFCS! You will be amazed at all the food that contains it. It is POISON! Some breads, ice creams, breakfast cereals, prepared foods from the freezer, ect always look at the ingredients to see if the item contains it. :rolleyes:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
FYI watch out closely for the HFCS! You will be amazed at all the food that contains it. It is POISON! Some breads, ice creams, breakfast cereals, prepared foods from the freezer, ect always look at the ingredients to see if the item contains it. :rolleyes:

I agree, it's hidden in everythng. I think alot of people are finally realizing that HFCS is not good for you and some manufacturers are using real sugar which is more expensive but better for you. Maybe someday most will decide not to use it, but I am not holding my breath.

transporter

Expert Expediter
yesteryear.
thanks for reminding me hyfructose corn syrup. i remember seeing a show on it. it is appearantly the leading cause of obesity in us and diabetes

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Yes Transporter HFCS is very bad not just for obesity which it definitely causes. After I cut it from my diet and saw how much better I feel I felt horribly guilty for letting my son have foods, soft drinks and deserts containing HFCS. My son was diagnoised as extremely ADHD as a child by a neurologist, like me he no longer touches HFCS and is able to concentrate and is attending college and doing very well. Unknowingly I was poisioning my child throughout his childhood with this horrible additive.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The sedate life style coupled with the crap food people eat is the reason for most of the diabetes and fatness. There are so many chemicals even in organic food, it is surprising we are still alive.

Even cutting out all sugar, corn syrup and other sweeteners does not mean you will lose weight or your diabetes can be in check. Too many things have hidden sugars in them and like me, a lot of people can't have fruit like these dietitians insist we have.

As I pointed out, diet soda is the biggest user of chemicals to falsely flavor the drink to make it taste right to the consumer but in fact some times it has been known to help keep weight on.

One big reason there are coke bottlers using sugar is the cultural and religious aspect of the customer. Mexicans don't like the American coke, their's has sugar in it and same with I think it is called passover coke, where it is kosher coke. Coke allows the bottler to use sugar or crap sweetener in their products, they just have to order no sweetener syrup.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Only one I've been to is Beachwood, Oh [east side of Cleveland], but I know there are others - maybe a website?