Which Companies do not require a CDL?

thefather

Seasoned Expediter
Just curious if anyone has a list of companies that do not require drives to have a CDL? This would be most helpful not just for me but anyone looking to get into expediting.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Father;

Depending on the GVW of the vehicle you intend to operate, Premium Transportation Logistics LLC (Premium Transportation Logistics, LLC.) does not require a CDL.

You would still need the reuired experience for the type of vehicle you intend to operate. Those vehicles having GVW of less than 26,000 are not required to have CDL.

Thanks,
HotFr8Recruiter

thefather

Seasoned Expediter
Thats funny I was just on their site a couple mins ago and was planning speaking with them. Thanks for the heads up.

Father;

Depending on the GVW of the vehicle you intend to operate, Premium Transportation Logistics LLC (Premium Transportation Logistics, LLC.) does not require a CDL.

You would still need the reuired experience for the type of vehicle you intend to operate. Those vehicles having GVW of less than 26,000 are not required to have CDL.

Thanks,
HotFr8Recruiter

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When you call Premium make sure you speak to John, Good Guy amd shoots Straight, about as honest as I've found out here. Got a nice bike too.

thefather

Seasoned Expediter
I have an app in with them already. Think I talked with them as well and they told me they did not know of any owners who needed a driver. Not sure but think they took my information in case they did hear of anything they would pass the info on.

Express-1 does not require a CDL...

thefather

Seasoned Expediter
Just got a call from Tracy over there. They are putting me in the system as a driver and will keep my info on file if they get someone that needs a driver but she told me as a rule they did not take on fleet owners.

But its a start and things are looking up!

Thanks again

Father;

Thanks,
HotFr8Recruiter

thefather

Seasoned Expediter
Just spoke with Mark over @ Try Hours. Thats was indeed a positive call! He was very helpful and is going to try and match me with someone.

So I have to say that EO and all of you have been very very helpful and the wealth of information here is great!

So thank you everyone. I appreciate all of you that have provided the info here on the site, in PM'S and also one driver who has spent some time on the phone with me.

Hope your miles are great and the pay is better!

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Just spoke with Mark over @ Try Hours. Thats was indeed a positive call! He was very helpful and is going to try and match me with someone.

So I have to say that EO and all of you have been very very helpful and the wealth of information here is great!

So thank you everyone. I appreciate all of you that have provided the info here on the site, in PM'S and also one driver who has spent some time on the phone with me.

Hope your miles are great and the pay is better!

Mark is a great guy ,the only problem is that you will not make money with TryHours. If you will do 800 miles per week be happy! Get your CDL and try a decent company. Prestige ,same. You just waiste your time.

guido4475

Not a Member
As far as I know, All-State doesnt require one, either.I could never understand why some companies require cdl's for something that is unregulated to begin with.Call Tim Brown at Extension 114,877-742-5875 to verify this.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You might also try T&K Nationwide - a very good up-and-coming company and Peter Haljean is a nice guy. They advertise on this site and their contact info is provided.

guido4475

Not a Member
You might also try T&K Nationwide - a very good up-and-coming company and Peter Haljean is a nice guy. They advertise on this site and their contact info is provided.

My freind just pulled his vehicle from there.His driver starved there,In service for the whole month, 0 turndowns, and got only 1 load for the entire month...Good luck !!! And why would you want to work for a company that requires you to carry primary insurance,(the ins. required if you have your own authority) but get paid that same as a leased o/o? Makes no sense to me.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One shipment in 30 days?? That's ugly for sure and contrary to what I've been hearing about them but of course it's entirely possible. Now I'm curious about the details; what size truck did he have, and where did he sit all this time waiting for the phone to ring?

thefather

Seasoned Expediter
Spoke with Tim this morning. Sounds like a good guy. He is putting me in the system.

Its another step in the right direction at this point.

Thanks again for the info.

As far as I know, All-State doesnt require one, either.I could never understand why some companies require cdl's for something that is unregulated to begin with.Call Tim Brown at Extension 114,877-742-5875 to verify this.

thefather

Seasoned Expediter
Just spoke with Jerry. Spent the better part of an hour on the phone with him. Sounds promising. So this looks like it may be good for me to get my foot in the door but I just need to keep on keeping on.

Once again I appreciate each and everyone of you that has offered advice and/or contacts.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
you never mentioned what kind of truck you wanto drive here. with no cdl the choices are van and under 26,000 straight truck. any experience with a large vehicle? can you make it on the split of a van? have you put together a business plan for your own idea of what you will earn?

just sending in an app from this site does not mean anyone is looking. you are doing the right thing making phone calls and actually talking to a recruiter rather than having the virtual experience of filling out an app and waiting for someone to call you. wish more newbs would be that forward.

thefather

Seasoned Expediter
As far as truck yes I want to drive it does not matter, Cargo Van, Sprinter, Straight Truck under 26,000.

I have driven straight trucks for myself in the past cross country but nothing for anyone but me so makes it hard to get verification.

As to what I can make etc... I know a lot of it is up to me and because I am ambitious and dependable once I get my foot in the door somewhere then making enough should not be a problem.

Also I believe in being proactive my contacting potential companies for employment. No one wants someone who is lazy so therefore its up to me to prove I want to and can do it to get the jobs done. If I was an employer I doubt I would hire someone that was not proactive..

I did find out this morning from a company that my MVR and background checks are perfect.

So my ducks are getting lined up...

Once again I just have to keep on keeping on!

you never mentioned what kind of truck you wanto drive here. with no cdl the choices are van and under 26,000 straight truck. any experience with a large vehicle? can you make it on the split of a van? have you put together a business plan for your own idea of what you will earn?

just sending in an app from this site does not mean anyone is looking. you are doing the right thing making phone calls and actually talking to a recruiter rather than having the virtual experience of filling out an app and waiting for someone to call you. wish more newbs would be that forward.