What are you doing for thanksgiving??

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
If i am within 400 miles, i'll DH home, if not, then I'll be where ever i am.

To all of you with family in the military, god bless you adn yours. Those serving others with a welcome warm heart and meal, God bless you also!

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I plan on being on the road, hopefully in a semi warm climate, so I can put a turkey on the grill. If all works out, I'll post the location and open invitation to any drivers in the area. :D

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
Are any of you going to be in/near/around the Binghamton, NY area tomorrow for Thanksgiving? I still have room for more at our dinner table.
Here's wishing you all a happy, healthy, and safe Thanksgiving!!!!

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
So much for plans, no warm climate. I'll be parked at the 'J' in Indy, xt 4. I realized that I can cook in the back of my truck, so it won't be too cold. Please come on by. I'd hate to be cooking for just one.
My truck is the T300 with black fenders and pink & purple graphics, sorta hard to miss. Send a PM if you have questions. :D :D
For all of you heading home, be safe.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Offer still stands for anyone laid over near Cincinnati. There's a Wal Mart parking lot two miles from my house.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Got a load from St Louis to Deer in East Moline, so I'm hanging out in beautiful downtown Davenport at the J.

What's surprising me the most is how the J, Iowa 90 and both Pilots have the truck lots nearly full, at least as of 11PM eastern time on Thanksgiving Eve. Way more trucks out on the road this year as compared to last year. Does that mean more freight, or just more people workin' harder just to keep up?

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
thats just so opposite of gracie and me. we will be at my moms in chicago once again. she is 88 and still goin strong. the boys will be hither and yon to calif, mn, and fla with friends or other family members.
Just made it in to move this week end but today is Thanksgiving and Grandad who is also 88 will come over for dinner..
Something about that generation that was soooo special ....
They can't remember yesterday but can speak with textbook clarity about events and real history from the 40's and 50's..
Sad our kids won't care or ever know but blessed are we to have the opportunity to hand them the mic..
Hoping you have a awesome Thanksgiving Jack and may it be the greatest for your mom as well.
Tude

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Got a load from St Louis to Deer in East Moline, so I'm hanging out in beautiful downtown Davenport at the J.

What's surprising me the most is how the J, Iowa 90 and both Pilots have the truck lots nearly full, at least as of 11PM eastern time on Thanksgiving Eve. Way more trucks out on the road this year as compared to last year. Does that mean more freight, or just more people workin' harder just to keep up?

Turtle if I had to be out on TG I would love to hang with you..
Hope your turkey is moist and dressing w/out salmonella..
(you did say the "J")
Tude

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
OK, I know that it's still a week away but I was wondering what you all are doing for Thanksgiving? This year my hubby will be home from the road so I'm making a huge dinner with all the trimmings. Ive invited several elderly people from our church & community ,who are alone with no place to go, to our home for dinner. Hubby will go pick up the ones who don't/can't drive. I look at it like this: it's hard enough being alone but it's even harder during a holiday. If any of you find yourself in our area, you're more than welcome to come join us. There will be plenty of food, fellowship, and room. Just PM me & I'll give you directions.
It would have been an honor..
Thank you

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Jeez, Wingnut, if it's further than tomorrow, I don't have a clue!
I'd like to spend it at my daughter's in Fla, as both my girls will be there, but so far, it's just wishful thinking. I made it home for Thanksgiving last year, then spent Christmas on the road, so anything is possible. (Which may be what I love most about driving, lol) ;)
Cheri..
One of the few people I would like to see at the table.
Love ya kid..
Tude
PS Maybe Christmas??

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
We are going to spend thanksgiving at my wifes mothers and here three borthers and there familes. We switch christmas and thanksgiving each year with her family and my family. This is one thing we enjoy aboutd this job is we can pick whar we take our home time. The wife gets to see her family a lot more than if we had our old jobs.
I hope you have a great holiday!

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
I will be doing my usual serving Dinner to the Vets at the Soilders&Sailors Home In Erie PA. This is Something my Motorcycle Group Started doing about 10 years ago and its Still the Greatest Feeling on Earth.
You da man!!
Spent a weekend at the VFW 2 weeks ago for a USO Fund raiser friggin awesome 4 sure ( a WW2 vet was playing the guitar and singing poorly)..
Send me a link to your MC group and I will show up for an event..
FXDF Tude

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
All 3 of our sons will be coming in and we haven't seen the middle one for almost 2 years so we will be home come **** or high water.
We took a load the day after Christmas last year then got stuck in Maine for 4 days ..so not sure what we'll do this year.
Pel..
Love ya
Enjoy them boys:D

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
We will be in San Antonio,TX attending our youngest graduation from boot camp. He enlisted in the Air Force and hopes to make it his carreer. The graduation will be a three day event starting the day before Thanksgiving and continuing the day after Thanksgiving. The graduates will have Thanksgiving day off to spent with family and friends. I can't think of a more wonderful way to spend our Thanksgiving!

We are so proud of his choice to serve this wonderful nation of ours and feel it is important to put our work aside and be there as our show of support for him and his comrades!

Heres a big salute from us, son!!!
Hug him for us..
Our son is shipping off 12/30
Be proud

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
We will be home for Thanksgiving and this will be the first year in many years we have not had to travel somewhere else. This Thanksgiving and Christmas will be very odd for us and our first year to not have our youngest daughter with the family. She is also in the Air Force and stationed in Baghdad and will not be home till April.

One conciliation to this is the fact that for every holiday she has been deployed she has been treated very very well.
Linder,
Godspeed on her return and hope this holiday brings a smile and Thanksgiving to you and yours..
Mike

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
I am going to Mom and Dads in FL where ill dive the shark tank. I do it every year i like to give the sharks a shot at a turkey dinner to lol
Dude I want to hang withxxxxx
Behind you:D
Gonna buy some underwater gear for my cam.
You feed I will snap:eek:

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
I will be home. We will also have a couple empty chairs at the table that are open if a driver or a couple happen to be laid over in the Cincinnati area. It will be a mixture of traditional American fare and African food.
From a culinary standpoint you and I could hang..
I would drive just to get crazy in the kitchen with the likes of you..
Hope you have a great Turkey Day..