Will Hold Time ever improve at Panther?

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
You are confused, if they say they care on the Internet then it's true!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
cheap freight
no they have the same rates as most major carriers....

10 different people could give you 10 different opinions of "cheap freight"

There is what YOU and I think we should be getting and then there is what the actual competitive market will pay. That is the hang point....

Example: If you are a mom and pop variety store and you can't compete....then out you go.....if their overhead or expectations PRE Walmart/Target is too high, then disappointment will follow...they must cut their Cost Per Square Foot or die on the branch...

of course it just one persons opinion....

Last edited:

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Keep the bonuses coming, the empty moves, dead head miles and all the bells and whistles and we will deal with your hold time until you can hire a few more "in house" to takes these calls. Sometimes its best to not call at all if you can help it. Last I heard bolt express didn't even know what a empty move or dead head was?? You have to bid that into the load.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cant imagine staying on hold that long. Just hang up and call back and do it again and again and again etc….. Tie the phone lines up creating pressure at the home office end until they realize the problem and correct it. Internal pressure is a great tool. And DaveKC is correct. Panther is moving a lot of freight so I hope you are able to enjoy the ride. Wave at those less fortunate as you cruise past all the vans parked at the "J".

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Tie the phone lines up creating pressure at the home office end until they realize the problem and correct it.
It's been a problem since at least 2006. I've been gone from them for 4 years, so I don't know what it's like now, but I imagine it's the same, more or less. They know it's a problem. They even created a rewards system of Olympic-style medals, Gold, Silver and Bronze, and if you achieved Gold Medal status your phone calls would be answered as a priority. Silver and your calls would be answered, but after the Gold calls. Bronze and your calls would be answered, probably. If you didn't medal, don't even bother calling.

I left right after they started that. But I remember if you were on a load and you called, the phone would ring in Dispatch, and it might or might not be answered. If you weren't on a load, the call was automatically routed to Driver Relations, and you couldn't talk to anyone in Dispatch if you were not on a load.

Whoever was in charge of scheduling simply didn't have enough people in Dispatch or Driver Relations to handle the call volume. In part I think it was retaliation for the numbnuts who call in every 2 hours with, "Got any loads for me yet?"

When not on a load there wasn't much you could do, but when I was on a load and they didn't pick up the phone, I would send a QC message saying, "No one is picking up the phone. If you want this load delivered, someone needs to call me. And it needs to be quick, otherwise I'm gonna say over the QC that I'm tired and I need a break, because being on hold is exhausting."

That usually got me a phone call within a few minutes. ;)

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think maybe I won't sign on at Panther. Say what you will about the outfit I drive for, I don't get treated like that on the phone. (Hold-time contests? Really?)

Actually, even though it's a really small company I always get a relatively quick answer, and I have more than one way of contacting my dispatchers so I know what I have to say gets through.

Reactions: BIGTRAIN

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
On hold with IRS, 47m so far and I don't actually want to talk to them. :dash2:

Total 63 minutes and they disconnected me. :finger:

Last edited:
Reactions: tseders93

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
If I don't get a awnser I just send a email and go on doing whatever
Some company's think drivers are the lowest form of human beings
Glad I found somewhere else to run

Reactions: BIGTRAIN

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Eastern time. I tried but it was 7:05 and the backup began so I just waited. That's why I suggested to start earlier.

Got through after my second hour wait. Got a real nice lady, very helpful. She didn't understand why I had $1.5M lien on a $10k tax bill. (that made 2 of us) She is sending me lots of data, and gave me some contacts to call. And no, it isn't penalties and interest. I wish I had made the income to owe $1.5M in taxes. :givemechocolate: