Will Hold Time ever improve at Panther?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Last time I spoke with them they told me to call at 7 am. That is when it is the slowest for them. I would call a few minutes before 7 because of all the prompts you have to go through.
They tell that to everybody pretty soon you'll need to call at 4:20 am to avoid the 7 am rush

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ladies and gentlemen here is your weekly update on hold time. Yesterday 50 minutes to speak with a representative.
Today so far 48 minutes. They also mentioned that they are working to improve this, to my knowledge its been a problem for over 3 yrs and I'm sure others say more. Best advice is to have a laptop with you while waiting or to be driving, so at least you can accomplish something else at same time.

Reactions: TDave

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ladies and gentlemen here is your weekly update on hold time. Yesterday 50 minutes to speak with a representative.
Today so far 48 minutes. They also mentioned that they are working to improve this, to my knowledge its been a problem for over 3 yrs and I'm sure others say more. Best advice is to have a laptop with you while waiting or to be driving, so at least you can accomplish something else at same time.
Nothing like multi-tasking.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Use the email, usually quick response
That's true. For most carriers of any size. The dispatchers and most everyone else in the office lives on email. They can read and respond.in seconds whereas a phone call can be minutes,so email is the priority. Plus, someone on hold will eventually go away, but not those emails.

Reactions: schwanman

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That's true. For most carriers of any size. The dispatchers and most everyone else in the office lives on email. They can read and respond.in seconds whereas a phone call can be minutes,so email is the priority. Plus, someone on hold will eventually go away, but not those emails.

It does beg the question though as to whether the original poster is still on hold?:cool:

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe this could be a new record. I just gave up and hung up. Wonder how much longer I could of wentImageUploadedByEO Forums1449743226.931521.jpg