Will Hold Time ever improve at Panther?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
2400 miles... 2600 miles... 1400 miles for this week in 3 days, if they keep freight coming at 2000+ miles a week in a Sprinter I suppose I could deal with the long hold time. Not sure why they can't hire extra phone support. I can understand 5-10 minutes on hold but anything past that is excessive. I nearly forget what I'm going to say by the time a representative picks up. :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
2400 miles... 2600 miles... 1400 miles for this week in 3 days, if they keep freight coming at 2000+ miles a week in a Sprinter I suppose I could deal with the long hold time. Not sure why they can't hire extra phone support. I can understand 5-10 minutes on hold but anything past that is excessive. I nearly forget what I'm going to say by the time a representative picks up. :)
especially when it could be a customer service issue...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Certainly a place that could use some improvement. On the flip side as mentioned, they do have the freight. So there is that. :D

Reactions: Moot and neilblack

TDave

Expert Expediter
If this is a contest to see whose hold time is longest I have been on hold for over a hr. On a side note when they ask you for a call back number I did that last month and still waiting for a call back number lol

Reactions: Moot

tattoo

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
So I log in to EO and see this made me chuckle a bit.. currently on hold 31 minutes.. 1st day back at Panther 4 yrs previously with them.

Reactions: TDave

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My personal best record is 72 minutes set on 3-1-2010, shattering my previous record of 38 minutes.

Reactions: vandriver2

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm OOS again. Yesterday things got really stupid, one dry run and later last night I got dinged for a refusal. I missed the 8 hour rule by one hour and the 40% deadhead rule by 6%. When things get stupid, it usually comes in 3's so I figured I'm better off OOS. Besides, I have a funeral to attend tomorrow morning. I will be back in service tomorrow afternoon, unless things turn stupid again.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For me it was over 41 min today because I hung up the phone and forgot the last question I had for them so I had to call back. Luckily I had a 15.6" laptop in front of me to help keep occupied during the wait. But I highly recommend having a list of everything encase you have to call back and wait another 45 min to a hour :) !

tattoo

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
My 31 minutes on hold in my previous post turned into 56 minutes on hold for contractor relations for something that took less than 2 minutes to do. Just amazing....