YES! (insert fist pump here)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After several years I finally beat my old Panther on hold time record. My previous record was 72 minutes. My new record is 75½ minutes. That's like 1 hour, 15 minutes and 30 seconds. I probably should have tried to push it further but I was exhausted and hung up. The dirge playing in the background and the occasional "We appreciate your patience, all of our professionals are busy with other customers" wore me down.

After a few days rest I will resume training for my new goal of 90 minutes.
45a376b2-1c92-4432-a1c1-27c134f3da78_zpsn8svueog.png

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
wouldn't they respond to an email these days quicker?.....

on another subject how's that new van doing? got it all set up?

Reactions: neilblack

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is really inexcusable. Panther reads these forums and that should be a HUGE problem to them. It's one of the reasons Panther is a B list carrier. Hellooooooooooooo Panther. Don't you want at least a chance of being A list? Fix your damn hold time problem.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After several years I finally beat my old Panther on hold time record. My previous record was 72 minutes. My new record is 75½ minutes. That's like 1 hour, 15 minutes and 30 seconds. I probably should have tried to push it further but I was exhausted and hung up. The dirge playing in the background and the occasional "We appreciate your patience, all of our professionals are busy with other customers" wore me down.

45a376b2-1c92-4432-a1c1-27c134f3da78_zpsn8svueog.png
Yea but how much time did you spend at stop lights and left turns? :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A few years ago I was home, OOS, working on the van. Shelving or something. It was over a holiday weekend, I think. And this was just after they started the deal with routing all calls from people who weren't on a load to Driver Relations. I called in about something or another and was immediately on hold, as usual. Time went by and I eventually sat the phone down and just continued working on the van. I was determined to hold on for as long as it took. After about 9 hours I gave up. The next day I found out there was only one person in Dispatch that day, and no one in Driver Relations. If I'd have just stayed on the line for another 15 hours or so somebody would have answered it. I don't really count that as being a record or anything, because it was an unusual situation, what with nobody there. I did express to them my thoughts on changing the HOLD recording to "There's no one here to take your call. Call back tomorrow" at times when Driver Relations is abandoned. They didn't care.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I did express to them my thoughts on changing the HOLD recording to "There's no one here to take your call. Call back tomorrow" at times when Driver Relations is abandoned. They didn't care.
Didn't a wise one say something about stupidity.

;)

Reactions: Tennesseahawk

ATeam

Retired Expediter

Because Diane and I fondly remember life on the road and are sympathetic to expediters, we'd like to extend the services of our personal training staff to you as you train toward your new, 90-minute hold-time goal. If you happen to be in the Port Orange, FL area, stop in and these degreed and certified professionals will work with you to develop a training routine and put you through some exercises to get you started.

I will leave it to them to develop the specifics after they interview you to determine your strengths and weaknesses. In general, I would expect the training regimen to involve mental, muscle and nutrition training including:

* Practice prolonged sitting
* Overcome fatigue by doing squats while remaining on hold.
* React to mental drift.
* React to full bladder and bowels.
* Follow your nutrition plan to minimize bladder and bowel affects.
* Prepare for the actual event by rehearsing with a turned-off phone.
* Utilize mantras to maintain focus ("I want to hold for 90." "I won't hang up.")
* Build confidence by calling your trainer and having him or her put you on hold for increasingly longer periods of time.

Regarding the last point, in addition to our special expediter discount, the hold-time training can be provided at a further reduced rate since the trainer can totally ignore you while your hold-time training us underway. Ignoring you in this fashion will make the training for the actual event that much more realistic and applicable.

Quantity discounts apply. Depending on the number of sessions purchased, you could be placed on hold and ignored for as little as $45 per hour.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One thing that I cannot complain about Try Hours is the speed the dispatch answers the phone... never been waiting more than 90 seconds...
I should have stated that my on hold time was waiting for Driver Relations and not dispatch. When I'm on a load I usually get through to dispatch quickly.