Welcome to August Please Save Us!!! Location Forum

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Yea, especially for those of you that choose to live in the artic area of this country.. lol..but yes, the good stuff doesn't re-freeze as quickly either. Just so many more advantages for what, 50 cents more?. I tried adding alcohol and other stuff as suggested by others but after seeing no advantages from my viewpoint ill just stick with the real deal.An afternoon of getting the paint for the van, and a zillion other things to do today in addition to taking mom apartment shopping...coming back to work cannot come soon enough!!...but the longer I am home the more I do and the more active I am and the better I feel physically. Still smoke free..as much as stressful situations have made me think of it it is what the head Elliott honcho has said that made me really think about not throwing all of the hard work away...and after I post this post I should be getting a text message from one particular driver sayin I am azz kissing again...lmao..just sharing honest feelings and thoughts...

Did you get my text?????? ;)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been a roller coaster of emotions so far today. Got my hopes up on a really nice load going home, but just a teaser.

Then continued on my original plan to Gaffney, SC. Where I always visit my favorite little buffet whenever I'm close enough. Not that it is greatest, but for some reason I've always been drawn to it, ever since first hearing about it on the CB. Maybe because I've come to know the owner after eating there for the last 8 years.
Anyways, along the way I get a phone call 5 miles from my destination with some really good news. So I'm riding high again.
I arrive to find different signage on the tiny structure. A place so small you would miss it, if you didn't know where it was. Maybe that's another reason I liked it.
After taking a few minutes to process what I was seeing, I went inside to find out what happened.
To my shock, back in December, the owner died, and this new place opened in April. He was only 44. Having lost my appetite, I left to reflect on the life lost and my own.
Donnie's Country Buffet is no more.
RIP Donnie

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Been a roller coaster of emotions so far today. Got my hopes up on a really nice load going home, but just a teaser.

Then continued on my original plan to Gaffney, SC. Where I always visit my favorite little buffet whenever I'm close enough. Not that it is greatest, but for some reason I've always been drawn to it, ever since first hearing about it on the CB. Maybe because I've come to know the owner after eating there for the last 8 years.
Anyways, along the way I get a phone call 5 miles from my destination with some really good news. So I'm riding high again.
I arrive to find different signage on the tiny structure. A place so small you would miss it, if you didn't know where it was. Maybe that's another reason I liked it.
After taking a few minutes to process what I was seeing, I went inside to find out what happened.
To my shock, back in December, the owner died, and this new place opened in April. He was only 44. Having lost my appetite, I left to reflect on the life lost and my own.
Donnie's Country Buffet is no more.
RIP Donnie

Those moments that really make you stop, reflect and take stock. Kind of like when I realized Bill Knapps wasn't going to be there for me when I got old.

divadriver01

Expert Expediter
Awsome is awesome. ..that stuff works great. On another note, I hope the PO Boxes in this Flying J here in Phoenix are not a sign of how long I will be here. ..LOL. oh, and they have a dmv where you can change your plates... :eek:

Sent from my SCH-S968C using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Gee whiz John...I can keep Ken busier with my honey do list...lol

Not even what, a day from home, Ken is, waiting for a load, and youre getting all mentally irregular over Kenny not having a load yet??.....lol....Chill out, it'll happen, in it's own time.....patience...

guido4475

Not a Member
Awsome is awesome. ..that stuff works great. On another note, I hope the PO Boxes in this Flying J here in Phoenix are not a sign of how long I will be here. ..LOL. oh, and they have a dmv where you can change your plates... :eek:

Sent from my SCH-S968C using EO Forums mobile app

Often found in Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, etc, this cleaner made by Zep called Fast 505 works like no other stuff you will use. And at 10 bucks a gallon, how can one go wrong?..they sell it in spray bottle size as well. It's some serious stuff.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I wonder if he has purchased his scooter to get around in...maybe even a clapper as well...fiber powder? Stool softener??..lmao..adult diapers?...
He should get most of that in the Welcome to Old basket provided by Welcome Wagon Senior Division.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy Birthday!

8dc0015f04d296255ef9829aff14156f.jpg