Health Insurance

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm wondering why I'm redistributing my wealth (or perceived wealth...hahaha) to the OP, as their new premium most definitely includes a credit or subsidy.

You have to prove your income no matter if you qualify for the subsidy/credit or not.

Exchange: You have to provide your income, sir, so that we can see if your wife qualifies for a subsidy.
Me: What is the income threshold for a 2-person household?
Exchange: $62,000.
Me: We make more than that.
Exchange: You still have to submit your documents, so that we can determine that.
Me: I'm not asking for anything. You guys provide nothing but an obstacle.
Exchange: We provide you health insurance.
Me: No, you fubar'd the insurance we were already buying.
Exchange: Submit the documents, or we will terminate your wife's coverage.
Me: I'm calling my Congressman.
Congressional aide: Submit the documents.

Bend over, touch toes, spell RUN three times fast.
CANADA?
I hear you.
Very frustrating, controlling, manipulating....no more choice/freedom. Just do what I say and give me your $.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My wife and I refuse to accept a subsidy that we do not deserve. We also pay any penalty rather than participate in this joke called ACA. Our medical costs per year including our maintenance meds is under 3000. We see our doc twice a year for blood work and med checks. It makes no sense to join something that does nothing for us.. I am 60 and she is 56.....

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It pays to be s Veteran living within the means test, no premiums just 25 for doctor visits or 50 for experts and 250 for operations. I should add 9 bucks for a months prescription. Now that I'm service connected disabled and in group 3 instead of group 7 or 8 I just have time and test to see if. I pay anything

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
My wife and I refuse to accept a subsidy that we do not deserve. We also pay any penalty rather than participate in this joke called ACA. Our medical costs per year including our maintenance meds is under 3000. We see our doc twice a year for blood work and med checks. It makes no sense to join something that does nothing for us.. I am 60 and she is 56.....

My husband and I also refuse and more should IMO

Reactions: torohla

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We currently have BCBS and our policy just increased 295 this year. Nothing for it, just pay more. So we went from 800 to 1100 a month. That is for two people. Amazing our old policy covered more with a fraction of the deductible. Of course that got cancelled. Oh, and deductible with old plan was 2500 total. Now it is 6500 a person.
Better have the deductible or you basically have no insurance.
Medical insurance policies increase every year have been forever, but for some reason people never paid attention to it before ACA

Reactions: ysracer

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Medical insurance policies increase every year have been forever, but for some reason people never paid attention to it before ACA

Indeed, Ive seen 25-60% year to year increases at my previous employer AND reduced coverage AND increased deductibles AND it was occurring since the mid to late 90's. It became a yearly tap dance to see which insurance provider wanted the business by offering coverage as close as possible to what we had, at a cost as close as possible to what we were paying. No different now, shop the marketplace, plug in various income levels and see what coverage is available at what cost, as well as how that affects the deductible and out of pocket amounts. Unfortunately the numbers are depressing for 2016. :(

Reactions: vandriver2

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its funny how this thread was started on something positive and end up bringing out all negative.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My 2 Docs that I've seen since '89 see patients with Insurance only. I am okay with this, but not happy with how Insurance continues to increase greatly each year. It stinks.
Deadline for the Marketplace Renewal December 15th.

torohla

Rookie Expediter
I personally refuse to be forced into buying health ins..per all the comments, it's expensive, not great coverage, etc. Hubby is now on Medicare. I will continue not to buy any, few more years & I'll be on Medicare.. As far as being " fined" for no coverage, as long as we legally take all our deductions our AGA puts us under the limit....

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Isn't the Soapbox forum the place for this sort of childish comment ?
The exact truth is childish? It's debatable the thread has evolved into a Soapbox thread but there's nothing childish about a factual statement.

Reactions: davekc

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ya...I SOOOooooo remember him saying that. So, I felt relief, as I loved my Plan.
Loved the Plan I chose and had auto deduction from my Savings account. It was a $200 Premium and the Deductible was $5000.
Nope, from out of no where....out of the blue I get a Cancellation Letter in the Mail.
My Ohio Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance is Cancelled. WHATTT?? WHY!!!?
Control, Manipulation and the almighty Dollar.
You believed him?
He lied.
Politicians like to do that.
Were his lips moving??? There's your answer.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Our experience is not unlike DaveKC's, a phenomenal jump in rates --73% in our case -- with no additional benefit whatsoever. That's in one year with no health changes or major claims from us.

I looked at several presidential candidate web sites to see what they are saying about health care and health insurance. It was surprising to see that it is not a top issue and few specifics were offered by any of them. I would have thought with people nationwide experiencing Obamacare pain there would be an outcry to which the candidates respond. Not so, it seems; at least not yet.

Reactions: davekc

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
On one hand I can count how many people in my life I can trust what they say to me to be the truth.
When I saw HIM say that on TV 3 or more years ago, I felt, okay, I have a choice here.
I'M, yes, I'M being Honest here.
"If you like your Plan, you can keep it."
Ok, that's good. So, at that specific moment it sounded as if an insured person isn't being forced, manipulated.
Until I saw he lied...when I received my BCBS Cancellation Letter in the Mail.
SHOCKED, DUMBFOUNDED and ANGERED.
Did I believe anything that came from his mouth or ANY Politician's from that moment on?
no

I am no fan of Obama but I'm sure he was misled about people being able to keep their current plans.

This law wasn't about helping the uninsured, it was about relocating mass amounts of taxpayer money into the pockets of the health insurance corporations. Just another example of our shift from capitalism to corporatism.

No fear, the projections used by the insurance companies were flawed and since healthy people are not signing up as they had predicted, they will let the republicans "save the day" and repeal the law.

Now if you think the premiums will go down after the law is repealed, you will be really disappointed.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am no fan of Obama but I'm sure he was misled about people being able to keep their current plans.

If Obama had even a mediocre reputation in any other area for competency or truthfulness I would at least consider giving you the point. With his absolute failure and anything truthful and zero accomplishment other than being the worst president in history no, he lied about that just like he lied about anything else when his mouth was moving.

Reactions: Ftransit

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

This law wasn't about helping the uninsured, it was about relocating mass amounts of taxpayer money into the pockets of the health insurance corporations. Just another example of our shift from capitalism to corporatism.

No fear, the projections used by the insurance companies were flawed and since healthy people are not signing up as they had predicted, they will let the republicans "save the day" and repeal the law.

Now if you think the premiums will go down after the law is repealed, you will be really disappointed.
My thoughts....
#1-He lied, Politicians as a whole Lie. I don't intimately know these people who control my life and run my Country....so it's hard to believe someone when you've been told and promised something, they get elected and it never comes to fruition. Things in today's world have changed drastically. I fear for the our children's and their children's future here in the US. To increase Votes for themselves and their Party, they Manipulate, attempt to instill Fear, Money/Power/Control is their Motivation. His aim was/is to increase the Population of Democratic Voters and he has succeeded. To say what the majority want to hear, whether it is carried out or not. Don't care for any of them Running, don't believe any of them or that they have a clue about people's lives and how they are managing.
#2-I don't Assume nor Expect.
#3-Premiums and Deductibles will continue to Increase.
#4-Can only Control me, Live within my Means and Adjust Expences.
Thanks for Sharing your thoughts.

Last edited: