Cargo Van Dodge ProMaster

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My door jam says I can carry 4407 pounds. What does yours say?

Yours is an older lighter $printer. I wonder what the door jamb of a 2014 says and what the difference would be then?

Then let's subtract say 500 pounds for driver and equipment. What does that equal?

My excitement shows? Really??? Actually I sing all day on Fridays! :p

I weigh approx 5900 give or take....subtract 8550....2650 would be the number....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My door jam says I can carry 4407 pounds. What does yours say?
My door jam (under the seat jam, actually, which is quite tasty) doesn't comment at all about how much I can carry. It tells me the GVWR of the vehicle, the tire size, and the recommended tire pressures. That's it.

I have to go to a CAT scale, get weighed, do the math, then I'll know what I can carry.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My door jam (under the seat jam, actually, which is quite tasty) doesn't comment at all about how much I can carry. It tells me the GVWR of the vehicle, the tire size, and the recommended tire pressures. That's it.

I have to go to a CAT scale, get weighed, do the math, then I'll know what I can carry.

Dodge knows most CV owners can't do the math...they have to tell them .....LOL

Must be true....look at how many sprinter owners think they can take 4,000 lbs.....:p

Last edited:

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
My sprinter is a 2012 and its got 70,000 miles on it. Im keeping my van for about 5 to 6 years and around 500,000 miles. Im going to let the new Transit and Promaster get some age on them and look at them then and see how they are.

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
29k miles....I regret deeply, of not waiting for transit, or just going with the freight liner. I give those vans 150k miles, very poorly made, lots of issues. I can describe in spare time.

Keep in mind not all the vehicles are the same, so if your pm does not have any issues or ever had any, just be thankful and cautious.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does the Promaster ride rough only when empty or lightly loaded or is it a rough ride all the time? Is the rough ride due to most of the weight in the first 6'?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Does the Promaster ride rough only when empty or lightly loaded or is it a rough ride all the time? Is the rough ride due to most of the weight in the first 6'?

When I hauled GM Trucks Monroe Truck Equipment would convert 4500 and/or 5500 to air ride.
I don't remember if they did 3500s or not.
They did amazing things.
I would think they could do a van.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Rough riding, noisy, smooth, quiet, everything else aside, I just think it's great that Ken is using his picture for his avatar now. :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rough riding, noisy, smooth, quiet, everything else aside, I just think it's great that Ken is using his picture for his avatar now. :D

I had 2 rides 2 years ago Leo...they are NOT built for comfort....the suspension was hard as a rock...

BTW,,Walter hates Obama too.....hahaha

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Pro(blem)Master I drove (3500) had an impressively smooth ride, much better than my truck-like '06 $printer.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Promaster I drove, twice, had a much smoother ride than my 05 Sprinter, as well. Then again, every brand new vehicle will generally drive better and have a smoother ride than an old one. Why do you think they want to get you behind the wheel for a test drive? It's the number one sales tool ever.

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
$2,100 cash from Chrysler corporate for when my promaster has been in the shop and it appears I'll be paid more. It's in the shop since yesterday. Needs new wiring harness and components. 50K miles and needs a wiring harness. Corporate is covering the bill and waiting to hear on downtime. So far they've paid me down time. How's that Ford looking lol.

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
How did it go?

Sent from my SM-G900P using EO Forums mobile app

They called and they'll replace mine w/ a new one or buy me out. Will probably replace it w/ new promaster. Finance comp has to ok that. Takes 4-6 weeks. Working on them paying me down time.

bfields115

Seasoned Expediter
A bunch of hearsay and cut paste comments don't mean much, as the person with the actual experience isn't posting.

For instance, the guy who supposedly posted on ther Promaster forum complaining about flywheel flex plate type trouble obviously doesn't even know what the Promaster warranty is because it's 100,000 miles. Comments like this make me highly suspicious that the original post isnt even being done by an actual Promaster owner.

But there are unicorns in Kansas!

I just bought a promaster 159 wheelbase, holds 3 pallets, with the high roof. I chose it over the ford because ford was rear wheel drive and only offered a 3 year 36000 mile warranty. The promaster comes with a 5 year 100000 mile warranty. There are so many people who don't know what they are talking about.