Cargo Van Dodge ProMaster

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I just bought a promaster 159 wheelbase, holds 3 pallets, with the high roof. I chose it over the ford because ford was rear wheel drive and only offered a 3 year 36000 mile warranty. The promaster comes with a 5 year 100000 mile warranty. There are so many people who don't know what they are talking about.

You can be out of warranty in less than a year...why warranties never mean much to me...not basing any vehicle purchase on a warranty. .

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
I laughed when dealer tried to convince me to buy extended warranty. He was persistent until I finally told him to just F off

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
I just bought a promaster 159 wheelbase, holds 3 pallets, with the high roof. I chose it over the ford because ford was rear wheel drive and only offered a 3 year 36000 mile warranty. The promaster comes with a 5 year 100000 mile warranty. There are so many people who don't know what they are talking about.

Front brakes will squeal at low speeds. You may try get a dealer to replace them but issue is in how it's structured. Means...you can't fix it until dodge does.

Rear suspension will squeak soon, replace rear axle bushings.

May notice gap where rear doors come together or even water coming thru, replace weatherstrip can help.

There are other issues that may happen, post here and go from there.

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Chrysler rep calling next week to start the replacement for a new van. They said there will be no $ for my downtime since I chose the new van. Would of been around $1,800 minimum. I think I'm better off taking the new van since mine had 52k miles. If the 2015s are released soon then I'll have one.

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Ordered 2015 promaster which is a swap for the troubled 2014. Chrysler taking my 2014 back and will auction it off to dealers. $325 difference above the msrp which we'll have to pay. Chrysler increased their prices on some options compared to 2014. The current mileage will not be held against us nor will the future mileage til we receive the new one. They said no vacation miles. I reminded them that this is expediting miles and they didn't care just no vacations. LoL. Van was done for a week in the shop recently and Chrysler it appears has said FU to me fir paying my lost revenue, which before they paid $300 per day or that months van payment. They were very good to us in doing that but I also look at it as lip service. Early on it was easy to say yes we'll pay you but as the issues w/ van progressed w/ multiple down weeks they folded. Let's hope the 2015 can keep the tires on the road. Other options were to take a check for $35K and pay off loan and find something else. We didn't wanna do that do to other financial commitments with obtaining a new van loan. This will be a even swap as long as financing company plays along which they should because now the collateral will be new and we'll owe the same amount.

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
@ bfield115 I'm the guy that had the flex plate problems. If you would like anything in writing from the dealer I'm sure I can get it. It's been implied that I made that up for what reason I don't know. I'm fully aware of the warranty on my van more so than you. I never said it wasn't covered nor did I say they gave me a hard time covering it. At the time it was just under20,000 miles I now have 34,964 miles on it. It will be out of warranty by March if 2015. I'm not sure if you even read the post or not but you really should get your facts straight before you drop your texting finger in gear. Some people on this forum will dispute anything that goes against what they believe to be true. If I need to prove what was done I will. I offered the info as merely insight as to problems cropping up. Nothing to gain by lying about it.

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
A bunch of hearsay and cut paste comments don't mean much, as the person with the actual experience isn't posting.

For instance, the guy who supposedly posted on ther Promaster forum complaining about flywheel flex plate type trouble obviously doesn't even know what the Promaster warranty is because it's 100,000 miles. Comments like this make me highly suspicious that the original post isnt even being done by an actual Promaster owner.

But there are unicorns in Kansas!
If want to call me a lier just spit it out. It would seem your quote from me is a tad bit inacurrate so are you are creating the very thing you preach about? Spreading rumors like a little girl in school. What twisted you up is I wouldnt throw the dealer under the bus so YOUR GUY could call Chrysler and have his a$$ pealed or fired. If thats what your about is going after peoples jobs because it doesnt align with your world that makes you a real good guy huh. I DO know what the promaster warranty is never said it was out of warranty or wasnt covered. In fact I never said they gave me a hard time about it. In fact they paid a van payment for me. In fact I said the dealer treated me great. In fact I said they got me in and back on the road the next day. In fact I reported what the service tech and the machanic told me that they replace alot of those flex plates in the mini vans. The fact is you didnt believe me because it was third party and probably not true. in fact you just posted third and guess what IT'S NOT TRUE. Learn to read you'll go farther in life with an education.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Fresh bag of Popcorn is in order....:D

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020W using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Fresh bag of Popcorn is in order....:D

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020W using EO Forums mobile app
tumblr_inline_n78r95rcQS1qgrypy.jpg

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1409093737.672305.jpg
The big ol bumper worked today I think. 3 piece bumper and might only 1 part gets replaced

SOB cut me off today under load. Turn signal left then changes mind and wants go right. Forced me off rd and damage is from the sign I took out. Mirrors need be replaced also. My driver mirror hit his passenger mirror. I avoided him real good but would like to now hit the SOB.

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
That sucks hope they can get parts quick.

$2,500 deductible. Had a witness give police a statement. His insurance could fight because IN trooper didn't issue him ticket. He said they don't do that now, leave it up to insurance comp to fight it out. Anyone else have that issue? Hoping the bill for this is well over $2,500 or it will be out of pocket and then I'll be calling Attorney buddy and seek options to sue the SOB.

Dodge did good by placing headlights up high and bumper sticks out so that'll save some issues. I can drive it no prob as is. If I need fix it myself I will, all plastic lol.

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
$2,500 deductible. Had a witness give police a statement. His insurance could fight because IN trooper didn't issue him ticket. He said they don't do that now, leave it up to insurance comp to fight it out. Anyone else have that issue? Hoping the bill for this is well over $2,500 or it will be out of pocket and then I'll be calling Attorney buddy and seek options to sue the SOB.

Dodge did good by placing headlights up high and bumper sticks out so that'll save some issues. I can drive it no prob as is. If I need fix it myself I will, all plastic lol.

How's the repairs going? Very curious on the body parts. Deer season is coming.

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
How's the repairs going? Very curious on the body parts. Deer season is coming.

Still waiting police report. 1 estimate nearly $4K and will increase once they can see behind bumper when torn apart. If my down time is considerable I'll be looking into my options for pay via the attorney route IF that's an option for loss of revenue. Luckily it's still driveable now and just ugly but it was ugly before this.

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Flywheel #2 last one was 19500 +\- this one made it to 45450. That should put the third one at around 60-65,000. I might get the 4th before the warranty ends. I wonder if Ford is using a car power tran in their new van?

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Flywheel #2 last one was 19500 +\- this one made it to 45450. That should put the third one at around 60-65,000. I might get the 4th before the warranty ends. I wonder if Ford is using a car power tran in their new van?

Yikes ! Not good...

One more data point, spoke to a guy recently with 60k on his PM. No issues yet. However, spark plug replacement is to be done every 60k so he just had it done. Cost him almost $400.00 !!! He said they told him it was a big job because the engine is not accessible. Not good...