December freight & fun

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, I should know better than to doubt Murray. Right after lunch we were discussing if we should head home for the weekend, BANG, on the way from Greenville NC to Austin TX. Kind of changes the week in a hurry.

Ntimevan - me carrying green and yellow too.

Periodic - on I-20 going thru Atlanta now, I just waved.

Akks - I feel your pain, so far, so good but I am very concerned with my Transit Tranny.

Xmud - .60 for team is acceptable if you REALLY want to go somewhere else. Otherwise, .75/.80 for a team is correct in this market

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch
I hope you brought your row boat with you.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know whether to run the Espar power source to my deep cycles or just leave them all connected...it risks running the starter battery down but it's zero effort because they're already wired to charge from the starter battery...anybody know the draw on the espar / coolant fan/ coolant pump? I know the espar alone is up to 4 amps DC an hour...have to search my Turtle posts
I have mine attached to a deep cell. Lasts I think like 36-48 hrs, plus a 1000 watt inverter but that is all that is hooked to it.

Reactions: ntimevan

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know whether to run the Espar power source to my deep cycles or just leave them all connected...it risks running the starter battery down but it's zero effort because they're already wired to charge from the starter battery...anybody know the draw on the espar / coolant fan/ coolant pump? I know the espar alone is up to 4 amps DC an hour...have to search my Turtle posts
I'm confused by your leave them all connected statement. Don't you have a separator between the starter and auxiliary batteries? If not install one and always run your espar off auxiliary batteries. One lost load costs more than the correct solution.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
That is one town that ranks as my favorite, been trying to convince Mrs.Fast we should vacation there...

Undisputed King of Short Runs
Oh Yeah! Just had breakfast at a place called "The Omlettry". Black olive omelette with cheddar, swiss & cream cheese and a side of black beans.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That is one town that ranks as my favorite, been trying to convince Mrs.Fast we should vacation there...

Undisputed King of Short Runs
Oh Yeah! Just had breakfast at a place called "The Omlettry". Black olive omelette with cheddar, swiss & cream cheese and a side of black beans.

Beans high in carbs
Egg, all them cheeses..Olives all high in cholesterol very unhealthy meal

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Just visited the LBJ library here on UT campus. I never knew that Lyndon B Johnson was his real name. Growing up in my house LBJ was always followed by SOB! What did I know? When he was president I was more interested in Linda Ronstadt than Lyndon Johnson.

Seriously, very interesting place. Learned a lot and saw a lot. Politics aside, a must visit if you are in Austin

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just visited the LBJ library here on UT campus. I never knew that Lyndon B Johnson was his real name. Growing up in my house LBJ was always followed by SOB! What did I know? When he was president I was more interested in Linda Ronstadt than Lyndon Johnson.

Seriously, very interesting place. Learned a lot and saw a lot. Politics aside, a must visit if you are in Austin

"LBJ orders pants" is one of the best phone calls ever recorded. It's on YouTube

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm confused by your leave them all connected statement. Don't you have a separator between the starter and auxiliary batteries? If not install one and always run your espar off auxiliary batteries. One lost load costs more than the correct solution.
Factory Espar is connected to factory starting battery. My "hybrid" deep cycles are happy being starter or deep cycles (simple marine batteries) and charge off a wire attached to the front battery post. Not ideal, but simple, effective, and they last 4-5 years. This gives me 2000 cold cranking amps in the winter or the ability to drive quite a while after I lose an alternator :D disconnect is by my right knee

Reactions: ntimevan

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We shall see if my idea is correct: I just drove 639 miles, deadhead at my own expense, from Laredo to El Paso. I figured that I can get out faster with 30 other units in the EP area, vs 197 in Laredo.

Fortunately, I had figured on deadheading out of LDO when I bid and won the trip down there from Miss'ippi, and I also was blessed with a nice piece of change for detention :)

We'll see how it works out...