May Flowers

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Loaded at 4pm in Wentzville, MO for am delivery in Whitewater, WI...not too bad, not great but beats sitting in MO

Reactions: NorthernBill

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Load.... Iowa to Lansing , Mi. for AM delivery... :D

Well .... after 226,420 miles my 2014 Promaster let me down .. 24 miles from my pickup in Elgin , il... driving in Sycamore , il. my tire indicator light came on in the dash ... about 3 seconds later drivers side rear tire went flat like 3 blocks past a convienence store ... i quickly and slowly turned around and nursed it back to convienence store to air it up to see what kind of hole was in tire .... rapid air loss in middle of tread ... OK ... lets put on spare .... i have 90 minutes till pickup and only 24 miles ..... BAMM ...heres the Problem .... followed manual and Spare Tire Release will Not release .. thats right it will not work ... quickly called RRE but unfortunatly nearest van 150 miles out so we lost load .... BAD .... these new tires were put on 2/07/16 .... 36,000 miles ago ....bad news TiresPlus didn't put Road Hazard on these i found out when i called them for them to come out and fix ... i said i wanted everything the same on these tires as the other 2 that were put on in Nov. 2015 .. was there R H put on them ..? The lady says yes ... what then your telling me you didn't put everything the same ... fine thanks for nothing .... called Chrysler hotline and Nope there is No bypass for releasing spare tire cable .... So as soon as Roadside assistance gets here with Cutting tools the cable will be cut .... and in future the spare tire will be kept inside van .... So to all you PM owners check out your spare tire release ..Now .... do not wait ... this cost me a $375. dollar load ... plus the service call .... first flat in 13 years out here ... i have no idea what i ran over ... never seen anything on road .... also note ... sprinter drivers ... this roadside service says they have had to do this also to a couple of Sprinters .... my bad luck ... but maybe help some one in future .... my thought this krap happens just fix it and roll on .....;)

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Well .... after 226,420 miles my 2014 Promaster let me down .. 24 miles from my pickup in Elgin , il... driving in Sycamore , il. my tire indicator light came on in the dash ... about 3 seconds later drivers side rear tire went flat like 3 blocks past a convienence store ... i quickly and slowly turned around and nursed it back to convienence store to air it up to see what kind of hole was in tire .... rapid air loss in middle of tread ... OK ... lets put on spare .... i have 90 minutes till pickup and only 24 miles ..... BAMM ...heres the Problem .... followed manual and Spare Tire Release will Not release .. thats right it will not work ... quickly called RRE but unfortunatly nearest van 150 miles out so we lost load .... BAD .... these new tires were put on 2/07/16 .... 36,000 miles ago ....bad news TiresPlus didn't put Road Hazard on these i found out when i called them for them to come out and fix ... i said i wanted everything the same on these tires as the other 2 that were put on in Nov. 2015 .. was there R H put on them ..? The lady says yes ... what then your telling me you didn't put everything the same ... fine thanks for nothing .... called Chrysler hotline and Nope there is No bypass for releasing spare tire cable .... So as soon as Roadside assistance gets here with Cutting tools the cable will be cut .... and in future the spare tire will be kept inside van .... So to all you PM owners check out your spare tire release ..Now .... do not wait ... this cost me a $375. dollar load ... plus the service call .... first flat in 13 years out here ... i have no idea what i ran over ... never seen anything on road .... also note ... sprinter drivers ... this roadside service says they have had to do this also to a couple of Sprinters .... my bad luck ... but maybe help some one in future .... my thought this krap happens just fix it and roll on .....;)
My spare is inside van. It was dragging one day from high winds. Had a saws off w/ me. Hooked it to the gen n cut the wire.

Reactions: ntimevan

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well that just sux! I try to keep mine greased up, but I've had 3 flats in the last 2 years so it gets worked out often

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Flying J great money saving idea?

This is the only one I've noticed so far, but geez.

While brushing my teeth at the sink In the restroom, I happened to look up at the air vent above me. Just inside the vent was a urinal pad being used as an air freshener.

Practical? Maybe
Tacky? Heck yes

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Flying J great money saving idea?

This is the only one I've noticed so far, but geez.

While brushing my teeth at the sink In the restroom, I happened to look up at the air vent above me. Just inside the vent was a urinal pad being used as an air freshener.

Practical? Maybe
Tacky? Heck yes
As long as they don't put them in the urinals then recycle them and put them in the vents.....

Unless they want the buildings to smell like the parking lots....

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After getting spare tire devise cut off by a helpful local construction worker with a sawsall ... i put on spare and back in service ....
The good news update ... while on phone with Ovm ... RRE calls with load ... pickup at same location as last night but deliver tomorrow afternoon in Grand Prairie , Tx... so a silver lining inside last nights rain cloud .....:D
Also PM owners cutting the cables on spare tire box did Not release the tire ..... we cut off the bolt on the rim plate that goes through the tire and it dropped right off .... so please Don't be like Ovm .. check out the spare tire device today ....lol...:p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
After getting spare tire devise cut off by a helpful local construction worker with a sawsall ... i put on spare and back in service ....
The good news update ... while on phone with Ovm ... RRE calls with load ... pickup at same location as last night but deliver tomorrow afternoon in Grand Prairie , Tx... so a silver lining inside last nights rain cloud .....:D
Also PM owners cutting the cables on spare tire box did Not release the tire ..... we cut off the bolt on the rim plate that goes through the tire and it dropped right off .... so please Don't be like Ovm .. check out the spare tire device today ....lol...:p
not a bad day for a hog slopper from Iowa....:)