May Flowers

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I've been so busy the past week I didn't even have time to post lol. If I added my miles correctly and believe me I'm bad at math I had 3,247 paid miles last week which is the most paid miles I've ever had van or tractor. Today I drove from west Columbia South Carolina to Hebron ky then back to Lexington to drop my truck off for some much much needed home time. They weren't able to get me home this past weekend so I got home today

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been so busy the past week I didn't even have time to post lol. If I added my miles correctly and believe me I'm bad at math I had 3,247 paid miles last week which is the most paid miles I've ever had van or tractor. Today I drove from west Columbia South Carolina to Hebron ky then back to Lexington to drop my truck off for some much much needed home time. They weren't able to get me home this past weekend so I got home today
Good to hear your running hard

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I just put 4 Michelin M/S2's on to replace OEM Nexens at 74,000 miles. Had 6/32 on rear but 3/32 on front, (got $50 credit for 2 tires). Lifetime rotation and Balance, Roadhandler, $826 total for all out the door...70k mile tires...also had spare taken down, inspected and replaced, checked cable too. Discount Tire is where I got them. Getting Alignment checked in the morning.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Oh, btw

Loaded around noon in Franklin, WI...protect time in Battle Creek, MI was 5pm, they called back to confirm 5pm...then called back to say they stopped receiving at 4pm...got there 10 mins til 4pm and they said stopped receiving at 3pm and have to come back at 8am...250 mile load and I have to sit on it for 16 hours...

schwanman

Expert Expediter
Akk: I replaced my original tires with the same continentals. Same price at belle tire and dealership. They last for a long time but am wondering if you got a better (softer) ride on michelins? Are you rotating tires? Also I will be taking down my spare because SOMEBODY put that in my head.
Ovm: is that a polish town in northeren michigan? Like Posen potatoe festival?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Akk: I replaced my original tires with the same continentals. Same price at belle tire and dealership. They last for a long time but am wondering if you got a better (softer) ride on michelins? Are you rotating tires? Also I will be taking down my spare because SOMEBODY put that in my head.
Ragman would know more then me....I'd have to google it and cut and paste....LOL

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
2016 OEM was Nexens (40k mile tires), 14s and 15s were continental (65k mile tire)...Michelin M/S2's are 70k miles, and many here say they get 120k on them...w a Promaster it's front wheel drive, should have rotated them more often than I did...will do better now with these.

Reactions: schwanman

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Good to hear your running hard
Dang skippy biggest surprise for me was the fact my old truck held together the entire time minus one little hiccup Monday morning when it got stuck in 9th gear. But I power cycled the truck and within 20 minutes I was back at it. Oh my APU quit working but I was allowed to idle but got this fixed today when I got back to Lexington. A simple fuse had died, the mechanic showed me how to fix it incase it blow again and gave me a spare. Said it's fairly common when my brand of APU gets old. No worries other than those

Reactions: fastman_1

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So here i am Colquit Mn Walmart for a pick in the AM in Mountain Iron Mn not to be confused with Iron Mountain MI. going to between Traverse City and Petowski part of the Mitt!
The only thing in Mountain Iron is Minntac, a taconite mine and processor. Minntac is Mountain Iron. Either you are picking up some mining related goodies or a Sprinter load of taconite pellets. The other option is wind generator stuff. There is a wind farm located on Minntac property that ships to other wind farms. I hauled a load out of there going to a wind farm in western New York once.

As you go north through Cloquet on MN 33 look to your right at the signal light just before crossing the St. Louis River. There's a Phillips 66 gas station on the corner designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. The only gas station he ever designed.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dang skippy biggest surprise for me was the fact my old truck held together the entire time minus one little hiccup Monday morning when it got stuck in 9th gear. But I power cycled the truck and within 20 minutes I was back at it. Oh my APU quit working but I was allowed to idle but got this fixed today when I got back to Lexington. A simple fuse had died, the mechanic showed me how to fix it incase it blow again and gave me a spare. Said it's fairly common when my brand of APU gets old. No worries other than those

Is that still the same truck you started with?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't think it's a Polish town but I do know that there are some real expensive homes up that way. Beauty area.