May Flowers

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well my delivery to Pleasanton, CA turned into a they were supposed to ship that to Piscataway, NJ...tried to stay with that load and do the run. Contact guy was fine with that...our ops offered to have me doing it at cost to help them and get me off the west coast without paying empty moves. 3pl had other ideas and I had to deliver it to Old Dominion in Oakland, along with 2 hours detention (which I would have not pursued if I kept the load) and another stop....2900 more loaded would have been stellar...no dice...now in Los Banos, CA waiting for a load or an empty move tomorrow.
you are probably better off with the empty mile pay if they can't get anything else....2900 miles at super cheap would be a loser....now had it been going to KC or Denver might play out different...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
so is that detention minus the 2 hr giveaway for 3 hrs?...PLUS layover......or is it layover only, detention is included, aka you get screwd for the 5 hours?
It's a 2 hour giveaway from the 3 pm pickup to the 5 pm giveaway, then 5 hours detention pay from 5 pm to 10 pm. Then the layover pay added on top of that.

Reactions: NorthernBill

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
so is that detention minus the 2 hr giveaway for 3 hrs?...PLUS layover......or is it layover only, detention is included, aka you get screwd for the 5 hours?
Doesn't matter what he gets now... No way to recover a lost day regardless what it pays.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I got $805 for 140 miles and a 10 hr delay then cancelled load last week. Bring on more lost days.
Nice...Something tells me that's not the norm anymore tho. Sitting on one of those screwed up orders now and will have to watch payroll like a hawk because anymore wait times seem to change at the drop of a hat.

Reactions: scottm4211

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So far I've had to deadhead from the J in Olive Branch to the FedEx Supply Chain facility up, you know, kind of across the street from the twin Pilots. 8 miles I think it is. I spent most of the 7 hours from 3-10 pm sitting in the air conditioning of the facility.

Then last night I came across the street to the Arby's Pilot where I got a Beef Gyro and a medium curly fry. It's a good sandwich, but it ain't a Gyro. Whoever it was at Arby's that came up with this clearly has never had an actual one.

They should just call it a Roast Beef Deluxe on Pita. It's their regular roast beef (which, OK, I'll give them a pass on) and lettuce, tomatoes, onions (they use red onions instead of chopped white onions, which gives it completely different flavors), and what they boldly claim is tzatziki sauce. It's not. Not even close. It's a mayo-esque concoction that's not even remotely similar to yogurt with cucumbers and garlic and dill. They also claim authentic Greek spices. Newp.

It's a good sandwich, but don't get one expecting a gyro.

Anyway, I'm heading back over at 11 am to try this again. But this time I'm armed with the same pickup number and the names of three contacts (two of whom yesterday told me the pickup number is meaningless). But hopefully after the phone lines having been burned up over the last 12 hours they'll have located my 40 pound box and I can hit the road and deliver this load to the 3pl freight forwarded in Atlanta that it was supposed to be delivered to at 8am this morning.

I won't be surprised to find that it was loaded onto a trailer around 1am and it's already in Atlanta. <snort>

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Lol, Bolt one time kept on faxing the pu# to a customer as I stood there. They never did get it faxed to the right office. After 75 minutes of trying to get Bolt to fax it to the office that I was standing in I gave up and fell off the load and went and did Halloween w/ my kids. The load was Chicago to MI, exact route I was going anyways. I can't compete with complete stupidness.
My experience was that there were too many cross threaded nuts attached to "the bolt". Don't miss it at all.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Just saw this, a couple days late but it blew my mind. It compares to cutting Boston out of the map and leaving a big hole there

Attachments

• 1464793130323.jpg
    1464793130323.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 31

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Everybody come on over to the June thread.
We will when we start talking about June crap. :D

So, back to the continuing stooory of Pigs...In...Space!!

I get over here and talk to one of the contact names. They know all about it. Only now instead of one box they've added 6 more to it, cause they're all going to the same place in Russia via the same place in Atlanta. FedEx Supply Chain treats plastic wrap like it's spun platinum. They don't wanna waste it on my load.

The meaningless number that I was given is the actual order number, the same one that's on all the paperwork and on the box, and in their computer. One person here wondered aloud if it didn't actually arrive in that truck at 10 this morning.

In any case, nor that I'm loaded, I'm waiting on a call back to find out if I can even take the load. It's marked:

Medical Supplies, Perishable
Must Remain in Cool Climate While in Transit.

If doesn't say anything about while in Sprinter :JC_rimshot:

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
you are probably better off with the empty mile pay if they can't get anything else....2900 miles at super cheap would be a loser....now had it been going to KC or Denver might play out different...
Would have been cheap as compared to having the carrier take a cut.. I have yet to run for less than my contracted rate wherever I go...
$.80 loaded, $.35 d/h or empty move...also get FSC on loaded miles.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
logo-site250.png

It's June people....... time to put this thread to bed!

Thank you!