YRCW/Holland to Hire 1,000 Drivers

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Holland has been a strong and successful regional carrier for years despite it's being acquired by TNT and then YRC. The article alludes to a strong fourth quarter as the impetus for hiring 1000 drivers this year. No mention of attrition.

YRC should spin off or sell Holland instead of dragging it down along with Yellow.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter

The answer to that is no. YRC was having a difficult time last year as everyone else did also. I drove for TNT out of Seattle back in the early 80's. Pulled triple trailers across the gap every night for 7 yrs. Great company to work for, made good money top benefits. They really treat their employees well. I would have retired from there but my X honey due wanted to go home. Should have shipped her out and stayed. :eek:

When you read those story's in the press you have to read between the lines. Yes everyone is facing the retirement packages but they will work it out.

Before you say "Why don't you go back?" I'm 63 semi retired and Expediting, what more could a man want?? (insert happy face)

Last edited: