You're Invited - Monroe, MI

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
May have to drive up for the day. Maybe I can take John to lunch if he isn't busy.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
For anyone interested in this industry, besides the Expo in July, these "seminars" are one of the best investments you can make....If i am in the area, i might stop in....there is a wealth of information to be gained and i can tell you, even if you have ben doing someting for a while, and you think yu have a good handle on things, thats when you start to "shortcut" things and you can out yourself, your carrier and freight in a bad situation...picking info that was once fresh in your mind makes you aware of just where you may be "shortcutting"....so even if you have been doing this a while, you might consider stopping in with those that are "looking" at our industry, you might refresh yourself...

lugnut1

Seasoned Expediter
start to "shortcut" things and you can out yourself, your carrier and freight in a bad situation...picking info that was once fresh in your mind makes you aware of just where you may be "shortcutting"....so even if you have been doing this a while, you might consider stopping in with those that are "looking" at our industry, you might refresh yourself...

Just what type of "shortcut things”? Please expand that idea of yours.

The business of freight transportation is hardly rocket science. Pickup freight, then deliver freight, maintain your equipment, maintain yourself.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Can someone vaguely considering expedite, who's currently a T/T owner op attend? :)

Anyone can attend. The seminar that we do at the workshops is for general expediting and not just vans. At the expedite expo it is about vans specifically. We try to cover all aspects.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
May have to drive up for the day. Maybe I can take John to lunch if he isn't busy.

I will not be at this one. I am flying in that evening from the ALK technology conference where I was asked to be a speaker. I will be at the rest of the events for the year.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
I will probably find EO University interesting, but will any of the refreshments include Double-Stuffed Oreo cookies??

Please respond by Wednesday morning as I have a long drive to get there on time...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Just what type of "shortcut things”? Please expand that idea of yours.

The business of freight transportation is hardly rocket science. Pickup freight, then deliver freight, maintain your equipment, maintain yourself.

Yeap ,it ain't rocket science..but not everyone drives a ST and van people that are required to to a pre-trip walk around get lacks truck , especially for those that dont own the truck...things get missed the cause breakdowns no matter if loaded or not that cost money that might have been avoided if found earlier in a "pre-trip inspection"....freight containment...I have had shipper and consignees both tell me "i'd be surprised how much freight the see not strapped just sitting on the floor, paper work while we don't have to log in 99% of our applications, we still have reports to do for our carrier ( my biggest screwup)....those are just a few off the top of my head after being out of bed 20 minutes...

Going to a seminar from time to time in any industry will always be a "refresher course"... yea, its not rocket science, but even if it were as simple as collecting garbage, people still end up overtime "short cutting the process....

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Bruno;

I won't get there till after lunch, but will be there! Oh, I'm sorry, you must have meant John Elliott.

:)