Your Truck

Eric1

Active Expediter
Let's hear some truck owners speak on what they drive and why you chose that particular year make and model.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

wimpy007

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
US Army
Chevy 3500 extended van, good wheel base (155") 6 liter engine with a 6 speed transmission, which gives me an about 17 MPG, good expediting vehicle. Just to bad its not taller at the rear doors.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
2009 Chevrolet 3500 HD /Cargo Max 6.0 L V8.. Biggest DOMESTIC 10,000 lb gvw (actually a 12,300 gvw chassis recertified to 10,000) CV type vehicle available..14 ft long load floor 72" read rollup door opening, 74in side door opening...I bought empty and bare and was able to upfit it as i wanted ans am still in that process...check the link below for a pretty complete pictorial of the build out:

http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/truck-talk/46846-chef-denniss-new-cargomax.html

Biggest reason, its a chev, i can work on it myself and the things i cant do, there is a really good chance that i can get it fixed most anywhere in any city..its cheaper to run and operate then a sprinter, although it does not get the mileage of a sprinter, i am working on that....and the original purchase price was as cheap as a well equipped extended CV.....

Eric1

Active Expediter
2009 Chevrolet 3500 HD /Cargo Max 6.0 L V8.. Biggest DOMESTIC 10,000 lb gvw (actually a 12,300 gvw chassis recertified to 10,000) CV type vehicle available..14 ft long load floor 72" read rollup door opening, 74in side door opening...I bought empty and bare and was able to upfit it as i wanted ans am still in that process...check the link below for a pretty complete pictorial of the build out:

http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/truck-talk/46846-chef-denniss-new-cargomax.html

Biggest reason, its a chev, i can work on it myself and the things i cant do, there is a really good chance that i can get it fixed most anywhere in any city..its cheaper to run and operate then a sprinter, although it does not get the mileage of a sprinter, i am working on that....and the original purchase price was as cheap as a well equipped extended CV.....

That thing is sweet looking on the inside what you have donne, you should do that on the side as a part time business, I would think people would pay money for that type of a make over. I know I would. Great Work. Looks like a cool money makin toy to me.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
That thing is sweet looking on the inside what you have donne, you should do that on the side as a part time business, I would think people would pay money for that type of a make over. I know I would. Great Work. Looks like a cool money makin toy to me.

LOL, Thanks, i might consider doing them after i get off this vacation and seeing the country as a paid expediter...:D