Your Truck Was Observed...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Actually we were followed for about 200 miles on one of our loads. My husband slowed down to 45 and they stayed right behind us.

If you were followed for that length of time, you always always call dispatch and report it, I give it 30 minutes before I am on the phone because a lot if idiots like to take advantage of the vacuum behind trucks. Unless you are told that you are being followed for additional security or the customer wants to keep an eye on the load by dispatch at the time of the departure call, be cautious and call dispatch. Do not mess around with people that follow you, you never know what is going to happen. If dispatch can not confirm who it is, have them find out where you are and let them call the cops, if dispatch refused to do that, call yourself and then call safety and complain about the dispatcher. If dispatch says, 'yes we know about it' than that's different but make sure that you get their name and then talk to your CC about the disclosure they need to do.

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
What did I miss? I didn't see anything about cameras on the back of AT's truck, recording all the time? Or was that another post, and doesn't have anything to do with the 'monitor' reporting the truck behavior to the carrier?

No, sorry I didn't explain. Phil has his truck all decked out with Cameras pointing every-which-way and in his box, etc. recording at all times, I guess. He said something to the effect of the "just-in-case" someone says you damaged something or maybe got in an accident and needed some proof. ATeam gave me a tour of their Volvo Expeditor a couple weeks back. Nice people.

Pretty good idea, in my opinion. I might just do that. Cameras are getting pretty cheap now, so it would be good insurance.

Last edited:

Kyreax

Seasoned Expediter
I really don't know why everyone one here gets their panties in a wad everytime ATeam posts something. Doesn't matter what he says... all the naysayers jump all over him about anything.

I do not know ATeam and he surely doesn't know me but I do have eyes and all I see is a bunch of people on here criticize every post he makes. Why don't ya'll lighten up a bit?

There seems to be something we're missing, this is a longstanding rivalry:rolleyes:

I like Ateam though, I've met them personally and can vouch for their helpfulness and kindness. I do hope to meet more of you in the future.

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
We received a letter in the mail saying, "On 2/28/08, your truck was observed on I-80 West in Gary, IN. The average speed of the truck was 53 mph in a 55 mph zone, with an average following distance of 9 seconds."

The letter came from our carrier, FedEx Custom Critical. The information was provided by MySafeDriving.com, a driver monitoring service FedEx Custom Critical tells us they recently partnered with. We are told this service "...uses over 220 credited monitors in 36 states to observe real world driving behaviors and report on your driving."

It would seem that Big Brother really is watching. If you are one to push the limits out there, FedEx Custom Critical is not the carrier for you.

I suppose driving 53 in a 55 zone is not pushing the limits? :D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Paul, it used to be some at FedEx would send you a card or note telling you how well you were doing or that a customer said you gave great service. Maybe being WG, it is a given that you always do good or give great service. I am not surprised that he got the letter, but I wish they still had the people who actually made the effort to tell you who well you are doing.