Your Tax Dollars At Work

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"The NSA document, dated Oct. 3, 2012, repeatedly refers to the power of charges of hypocrisy to undermine such a messenger. “A previous SIGINT" -- or signals intelligence, the interception of communications -- "assessment report on radicalization indicated that radicalizers appear to be particularly vulnerable in the area of authority when their private and public behaviors are not consistent,” the document argues."

I wonder about this. "Sigint" is signals intelligence. That is where I spend the bulk of my 20 year. "SIGINT" is the structure of signals, not any intell on targets. That falls more under "COMINT" or communications intelligence. There is very little in "SIGINT" would reveal much to "target" anyone.

I would tend to believe that there was some "creative editing" going on in this article. Most of what they are talking about would be gleaned from what was being carried on the signal, not from the signal itself.

I am not saying that this is a good or bad idea, or whether our not it is a waste of tax dollars. Just that paragraph is very misleading and not very accurate.

I also don't see where this is ANYTHING new. Government world wide, for as long as there has been government, has exploited the weaknesses of those who they feared for what ever reason. ALL governments, not just ours. That is why the character of public officials is SO important. Blackmail is always a threat.

Last edited: