Your Speed...

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That was my speed I had to slow down from 200 mph for the tail lights to catch up.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones
Home is Wherever you Park.
The Price of Freedom is Written on the Wall.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
There are two kinds of drivers: those who take those signs as information, and those who take them as a challenge! :p

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Too Funny! I see you haven't lost your sense of humor - the only sense left, huh?

India Hamner
FedEx CC
Staying alive is nice, but you can't do that forever. It's HOW you live the life you have while you have it.

Olko

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
So funny, the last company we worked for (City Bus Drivers) went out and bought a couple of these machines (with TaxPayer Dollars of course) for the parking lot. Couldn't have anyone going over 10mph or 5mph in some places. Yup, if they caught you Speeding, you got a ticket.

Boy could I put up some negative comments about that operation up in Austin, that would make the negative posts about the carriers seem mild. But this is about Expediting and not Bus Driving so I will keep them to myself :'(

On a more serious thought. If we had been treated in a civil manner by this waste of tax dollars orgainization (sorry, I couldn't resist) we probably would have never looked back on Expediting. I remember sitting in traffic on the frontage roads in Austin and seeing Expeditors driving by, and giving them a little wave and then starting to remember the good times, and the great people we had met, interesting places we had been to, as well as the friends we had from the good old days.

Sure there were bad things that would come to mind also, and by looking back at some of my old posts I can see where I was a little (OK, very bitter) bitter at some things that happened to us. The truth is, I can now see those thngs in a different light, and have a better understanding of why they happened, and/or how to avoid them this time around if we do wind up as paid tourists again.

We will be armed with just enough info, to make us dangerous. :7

Kevin

BigBuzd1

Expert Expediter
my local police in Fl put one of these out on my road, which was a 4 mile straight stretch of road with homes on both sides...wheni told them that there were kids driving up and down the road just trying to see how high they could register and that they either needed to get there asses there and ENFORCE it instead of record, or get it out of my yard...actually the empty lot adjacent to me, they came and took it away and never came back.