Your Credit Score? How 'bout your ID Score?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We all know about out Credit Score, but few know what an ID Score even is. I heard about this company (ID Analytics) a few years ago when someone I know started working in home health care, checked her own ID Score, and found that she was almost certainly an early victim of identity theft.

ID Analytics is used by "banks, retailers, telecommunications companies, health care providers and government agencies" to check and prevent fraud. For the individual, like you and me, it's a good thing to know your ID Score, as it predicts your chances of being a victim of identity theft (or tells you if you already are). My ID Score is 369, which is good.

My niece had been checking my ID Score the first of every month for me for 3 years, but now the company lets you do it yourself, for free. You can check your ID score twice every 14 days. Check your score on a regular basis, like once a month or so, as ID Analytics database gets new information on a daily basis.

I stumbled upon this story, so I present it here for your reading enjoyment, educational enrichment, and personal security in peace of mind. ConsumerMan: New tool to fight identity theft - ConsumerMan- msnbc.com

After reading the story, then go to http://www.myidscore.com (link is also in the article).

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I checked out the ID Analytics website. I had some reservations about plugging personal info into an unknown website. But then I saw the serious face of Orson Swindle, former FTC commissioner staring back at me. With a name and face like that, what's not to trust.