Young, Starry-Eyed Immigrant Dreams of One Day Being Killed by Drone as US Citizen!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
ABILENE, Texas (The Global Edition) – Having braved innumerable obstacles in his immigration to the United States, 22-year-old Javier Vargas is finally one step closer to realizing his dream: to become a full-fledged U.S. citizen who the federal government may kill with a predator drone at any time.

“When I saw that leaked memo about how the Obama administration defends the murder of American citizens in drone strikes, I knew that, to really fit in, I needed full legal status as the potential target of a clandestine assassination completely removed from the justice system,” said Vargas. “Anything less just wouldn’t cut it. This is my home now.”

In 2009, Vargas spent five days trekking on foot across the deadly Chihuahuan desert on the U.S.-Mexico border. Like millions before him, he sought a better life for himself and his young family. Since then, Vargas has been working grueling hours at several low-wage jobs to chase his American Dream of becoming an utterly disposable citizen who might be bombed from the sky by the government without warning or judicial review.
“I just want the same opportunities for me and my family as everyone else,” he said. “It’s like the Statue of Liberty says, ‘Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to be anonymously executed at the behest of a high-level administration official if deemed threatening by a top-secret process that has no oversight.’”

While Vargas has yet to obtain full-fledged U.S. citizenship or its entirely arbitrary protections, he hasn’t given up hope.

“Someday, generations from now, I want my grandkids to talk about how their granddad worked and toiled to become part of the great American tapestry. I want them to know how we fought to be equal to every other citizen who the CIA could hit with a missile despite any number of constitutional provisions that supposedly prohibit it,” said Vargas. “I guess I’m just a dreamer.”

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Re: Young, Starry-Eyed Immigrant Dreams of One Day Being Killed by Drone as US Citize

That is no immigrant. OVM is an immigrant, so is EnglishLady.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Re: Young, Starry-Eyed Immigrant Dreams of One Day Being Killed by Drone as US Citize

ABILENE, Texas (The Global Edition) – Having braved innumerable obstacles in his immigration to the United States, 22-year-old Javier Vargas is finally one step closer to realizing his dream: to become a full-fledged U.S. citizen who the federal government may kill with a predator drone at any time.

“When I saw that leaked memo about how the Obama administration defends the murder of American citizens in drone strikes, I knew that, to really fit in, I needed full legal status as the potential target of a clandestine assassination completely removed from the justice system,” said Vargas. “Anything less just wouldn’t cut it. This is my home now.”

In 2009, Vargas spent five days trekking on foot across the deadly Chihuahuan desert on the U.S.-Mexico border. Like millions before him, he sought a better life for himself and his young family. Since then, Vargas has been working grueling hours at several low-wage jobs to chase his American Dream of becoming an utterly disposable citizen who might be bombed from the sky by the government without warning or judicial review.
“I just want the same opportunities for me and my family as everyone else,” he said. “It’s like the Statue of Liberty says, ‘Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to be anonymously executed at the behest of a high-level administration official if deemed threatening by a top-secret process that has no oversight.’”

While Vargas has yet to obtain full-fledged U.S. citizenship or its entirely arbitrary protections, he hasn’t given up hope.

“Someday, generations from now, I want my grandkids to talk about how their granddad worked and toiled to become part of the great American tapestry. I want them to know how we fought to be equal to every other citizen who the CIA could hit with a missile despite any number of constitutional provisions that supposedly prohibit it,” said Vargas. “I guess I’m just a dreamer.”

The above was well written and a touching story. Mr. Vargas has several options in his country of origin. Number one: He and many like him could turn their own country around just like the USA did before it was the USA as we know it. Lets see, our Revolutionary Wars seem to turn things around, hmmm. Is Mexico any different? Cannot many turn Mexico into a USA if they wanted too?
Before he breaks out his Violin, he and we should read this. Mexico has the 13th largest economy in the world, so whats the beef? Change your country if you do not like it. We in the USA change stuff all the time, right? Just read this Mr. Vargas before you do anything else today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico sounds good to me..................

Brisco

Expert Expediter

Title of the Article needs to be editted / corrected:

Young, Starry-Eyed Immigrant Dreams of One Day Being Killed by Drone as US Citizen!

TO:

Young, Starry-Eyed Illegal Immigrant Dreams of One Day Being Killed by Drone as US Citizen!

Immigrant: noun alien, expatriate, foreigner, incomer, migrant, naturalized citizen, newcomer, resident alien, settler

immigrant legal definition of immigrant. immigrant synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Illegal Immigrant: n. an alien (non-citizen) who has entered the United States without government permission or stayed beyond the termination date of a visa. (See: alien)

illegal immigrant legal definition of illegal immigrant. illegal immigrant synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Where's my Violin also..........................

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

LMAO.....did you get the joke?.....it WAS a JOKE piece...mocking Obama's Policy on drones.....gee whiz....

the Global Edition is like the Onion...a spoof reporting website....like FOX as well.....LOL

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

WELL, that OK then. I never heard of them, how would I know that? Pretty good!

Brisco

Expert Expediter

WELL, that OK then. I never heard of them, how would I know that? Pretty good!

Same here.............

If you're going to post Jokes......put the link up so we know from now on................:p

Young, Starry-Eyed Immigrant Dreams of One Day Being Killed by Drone as Full-Fledged U.S. Citizen - The Global Edition

(and.....I didn't see that this was in "The Loading Dock" 'til just now. I don't look at each Forum individually............I just hit "New Posts")

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Darn rookies....lol

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Of COURSE I am a rookie compared to you! Look how MUCH OLDER you are! :D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

1. Obviously facetious.
2. As mentioned, failed to accurately identify the CRIMINAL alien making the statements.
3. Failed to excoriate Obama for his policy, something they'd never have omitted were it Bush.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

4. Completely humorless.