You Never Know Who'll Park Next To You

jamom123

Expert Expediter
LOL! Just having fun. I am just SO spoiled! I lived in that area. I have fished Hartwell, Russell, Oconee, Murry and the Santee Cooper chain. Fished a few others I can't think of the names right now. They were good, for what they were.

Up home I fish for walleye and cat. I don't bother with the "black bass", don't eat 'em. Do keep a few "Silver Bass" (white bass) in the spring. I will also fish for northern pike and muskie. In the winter, when I am home, I fish for panfish through the ice, crappie, bluegills, etc.

In fall I diver duck hunt out on Lake Erie.

I would like to try ice fishing. I think i would enjoy it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

It's one of the things I miss most because of this business. I have only so much time to be off, something had to go, ice fishing was it. I have too much invested in the boat for hunting and fishing to not use it.

Ice fishing can be a lot of fun. Much of the time it is "sight fishing". You can watch the fish in the water as they come for your baits.

Maybe sometime we can arrange it for you. I have "broken in" many rookies on the ice and in the duck boat.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's one of the things I miss most because of this business. I have only so much time to be off, something had to go, ice fishing was it. I have too much invested in the boat for hunting and fishing to not use it.

Ice fishing can be a lot of fun. Much of the time it is "sight fishing". You can watch the fish in the water as they come for your baits.

Maybe sometime we can arrange it for you. I have "broken in" many rookies on the ice and in the duck boat.
Perhaps a few days in January to break him in.

Tip-Up-Town History |

jamom123

Expert Expediter

I would really like to try it. Maybe if i make it up that way this winter. About what time of the year do you start ice fishing.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would really like to try it.

We can work on that, but we will have to wait for next winter, alas, but the ice is gone this year.

BUT

Have no fear! The walleye will soon be done with the spawn and then the "jacks" will go on their post spawn feeding binge! I intend to be there.

Right around that time the "Silver (white bass, Michigan's only true bass specie) Bass" will be going nuts! When they come in you can smell them, or at least their, mmm, er, spawning products. When they are in it is a fish as cast for as long as you can stand it. I have even been able to wear out kids during that run, one of my proudest moments in my life!

The rod holders are back on the boat, the tanks, both gas and oil, are full. The batteries are charged. Seats in and trolling motor up on the bow. ALL I need to do when I get home is check the air in the tires and I am ready to ROCK!

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Layout will fish as soon as the ice forms. That's about 8 am most mornings; if he emptied the ice maker the night before.
A cup of ice, a little scotch, a little venison jerky, and he's ready to grab his pole and go. :eek:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Layout will fish as soon as the ice forms. That's about 8 am most mornings; if he emptied the ice maker the night before.
A cup of ice, a little scotch, a little venison jerky, and he's ready to grab his pole and go. :eek:

I NEVER waste hunting or fishing time with booze of any sort. I NEVER use a "pole" either. Professionals, such as my self, use the proper tackle for the fish we are after and the type of fishing we are doing. I ONLY fish with rods and reels, EXPENSIVE, rods and reels.

My walleye "Straights of Detroit Jiggin Rod" is a self customized, G. Loomis, SJR 782 GLX, with a Shimano Stradic 1500FJ reel. Believe you me, it was HARD, VERY HARD, taking that saw to that rod to customize it. It WAS worth the effort!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am also messing around with the idea of building a light salt water spinning rig, with custom rod from The Biscayne Rod Co. and putting a Van Staal reel on it. Just trying to decide if I would get enough use out of it to justify the cost.

City DOOOOODS and other messed up whatchamacallits have little understanding of important stuff like that! :cool:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1398621770874.jpg
    1398621770874.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 30