You have an unlimted budget, and no worries...

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
My 1st post got WAY off subject! So let's try this:

You have an unlimted budget, you have no problem spending $250,000 on a truck, you have no issues with that the truck won't make back what it cost, you have no problems AT ALL with spending it. Pretend your one of those people who buy the $400 pen set at office depot to give to your kids as school supplies. Geez you gave your parents a $25,000 Christmas present. Your rich but bored of sitting at home. What kind of truck would we find you in, and what would you have in it?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
If I had that much money, I wouldn't be driving a truck.

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Simple for me...A truck that did what it was Supposed to do WORK!

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones
Home is Wherever you Park.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Rich... unfortunately, NFL isn't on all year long, or I'd be doing exactly that ;)

Why would someone drive a truck, worry about scales, logs, truckstops, freight, weather, driving all night, etc.? If you want to go places and do things, get an rv or take a cruise. Don't take someone else's job cause you're bored.

One thing I would do is start a trucking business that pays the drivers a living wage; taking minimal profit for myself. Charity? No. It's paying someone what their time is worth.

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
Once again I failed and for that I am sorry. I ask that this post be deleted and I will no longer post anything on this subject. All I wanted to see what peoples dream truck would be and what they would put in it. Not reason why they wouldn't spend the money.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well perhaps we were all a little cynical,so based on your question, I would want a Class 8 Western Star,96 inch sleeper, 500 HP Detroit,10 speed Allison Automatic. 7KW Generator,full Direct TV, 60 inch lift gate, and a Jacksonville Roar cheerleader as my co driver.

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
I'd have 5 $40,000 trucks, and watch my computer screen at home. Not out of trucking, but having more of a normal existence.

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
>My 1st post got WAY off subject! So let's try this:
>
>You have an unlimted budget, you have no problem spending
>$250,000 on a truck, you have no issues with that the truck
>won't make back what it cost, you have no problems AT ALL
>with spending it. Pretend your one of those people who buy
>the $400 pen set at office depot to give to your kids as
>school supplies. Geez you gave your parents a $25,000
>Christmas present. Your rich but bored of sitting at home.
>What kind of truck would we find you in, and what would you
>have in it?

One doesn't arrive and stay in the financial position you have described above by spending like there is no tomorrow and making investments with no possibility of return.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
T-600 or T-800, put a sink inside of it, fold down and up bed with a table when bed is against the wall. X-tra lighting inside with a little flat screen TV that actually could pull stations in. The tanks would have to visiable on the T-6 and custom built step on side of them that could be removable for polishing.

An APU unit that actually works, Duel 120 gallon tanks, tag axle, no liftgate, Plenty of small stuff storeage in the cab unlike my T-3. A small Detroit or Cummins Engine, 10 speed and possibly an Allison if they really do make it in a 10 speed.

Cost probably about 130K

As for winning the lottery, I love to work. Sitting at home is not on my want to do lists. Thinking one can sit around on a computer, acting as if you are in charge of 4 trucks well GOOD LUCK. Some will try, most will fail. You are gona need some super duper people skills to pull that one off to be successfull, not saying it cannot be done but you better get to studying Phsycoligy, and every piece of positive lititure you can get your hands on and plus start hanging around people who have been successfull at managing people.

I have the skills, just people in my last business really wore the bark off the tree if you understand where I am comming from. You get to manage your business and their lifes to. Good Luck.