Yes, the loading at the shipper

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
This happened to a friend of mine, but I'm sure this has happen to others.

Make sure your company has the dimensions of your door opening( width, height) as this is important. A friend of mines company had the dimensions down on the inside of his van, but not the door opening dimensions, so the other day he drives a 100 miles and guess what,,,the skid/product would not go thru the door opening on the van.
Check with your company on dimensions so you do not have this problem.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This happened to a friend of mine, but I'm sure this has happen to others.

Make sure your company has the dimensions of your door opening( width, height) as this is important. A friend of mines company had the dimensions down on the inside of his van, but not the door opening dimensions, so the other day he drives a 100 miles and guess what,,,the skid/product would not go thru the door opening on the van.
Check with your company on dimensions so you do not have this problem.

You are of course assuming a few things. One: The carrier you drive for has dispatchers that pay attention to that information. Two: The customer has a clue what they are shipping.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You are of course assuming a few things. One: The carrier you drive for has dispatchers that pay attention to that information. Two: The customer has a clue what they are shipping.

absolutely..especially in these times when the freight is moving thru 2 or 3 carriers and info gets diluted to say the least....besides what is a couple inches?....LOL....