Yep, you CAN paint ceramic tile!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Believe it or not, most of the outside walls have 12" centers..:eek: This house is like a rock!!

and don't forget the slivers from the lathing without gloves..

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
And it's done and I think it looks pretty darn good! Now I'm just dreaming about a long bubble bath!:D

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
The NEXT time I tear out lath and horse hair plaster I am going to use DINOMITE!!!! I will NEVER own another home that old again. What a pain in the neck!! Did that twice, the older home thing. Mine is far too old, built in 1954, but I am NOT moving, AGAIN. My next house will be a tent. (that will be all I can afford) Good luck OVM, better you than me!!

My house was built in 1900
Someone did me the favor of tearing out all the plaster lathe I think. All the walls in this house are drywall, or some wallboard product that is almost like dense foam, not sure what it is or what you call it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Arrrghhhh .... As they say in one of my favorite movies, "he who would pun would pick a pocket". Now I have a headache because you made me think. Typical of when you overuse an unused muscle.

Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns - he should be drawn and quoted.

I'm an incorrigible punster. Do not incorrige me. :D

King Ozymandias of Assyria was running low on cash after years of war with the Hittites. His last great possession was the Star of the Euphrates, the most valuable diamond in the ancient world. Desperate, he went to Croesus, the pawnbroker, to ask for a loan.

Croesus said, “I’ll give you 100,000 dinars for it.”

“But I paid a million dinars for it,” the King protested. “Don’t you know who I am? I am the king!”

Croesus replied, “When you wish to pawn a Star, makes no difference who you are.”

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Believe it or not, most of the outside walls have 12" centers..:eek: This house is like a rock!!

and don't forget the slivers from the lathing without gloves..

Our house has 2x6 oak framing for the outside walls, back when 2x6 was actually 2inches x 6inches, you can't hardly hammer a nail into the original studs.
Funny thing is the main joist down in the basement is a 2 2x10 laid flat not up on end where the strength is, therefore our floors are not level :rolleyes: