XPO to sell pieces of itself, or will OntarioVanMan get his dime.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just my nickels worth, but why would the XPO, Load 1, FedEx CC, etc. Want to keep a fleet of vans on the road when, given today's market, they can job out Sprinter freight to smaller carriers for less than they are splitting with their O/I'd?

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app
Perhaps some unnamed CEO of an unnamed carrier might chime in with an answer.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just my nickels worth, but why would the XPO, Load 1, FedEx CC, etc. Want to keep a fleet of vans on the road when, given today's market, they can job out Sprinter freight to smaller carriers for less than they are splitting with their O/I'd?

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

I'm assuming because they don't own most of the vehicles. Why not keep their branded vans going? I don't think there's a focus on cargo vans anymore. The segment has been in the crapper for years ... but it still makes money. It's a piece of the pie, however big or small, it still adds to the bottom line.

It would be really interesting to find out what percentage of cargo vans loads, for each carrier, get covered in house vs brokered? Whatever that percentage may be, there's confidence the portion being done in house is done correctly. Insurance, level of service, etc ... There are relationships with customers to be considered.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthernBill

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You don't have to have been paid that way to understand and form an opinion. Would $6 less for the same hour's work matter?

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You don't have to have been paid that way to understand and form an opinion. Would $6 less for the same hour's work matter?
Of course not, however, we chose not to be paid by the hour when we got into trucking, so its a moot point.