Wsj 1\6\11

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
"Advances That Will Change The Car Industry"

This article has in it a story about a Company who partnered up with the University of Massachusetts to create Diesel & gasoline from Saw Dust, wood chips, & Biomass. It goes on to say that "Kior" has pledged to build 5 plants in Mississippi, that their product "Re Crude" can be made competitively with Oil at $30.00 a barrel.
If they are not blowing smoke I would expect Exxon Mobil or Gulf Chevron to but the Plants and close them.:p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You can compete with crude making diesel out of coal as well. Old tried and true way to make fuel. It has been improved as well, cuts down on the sulfur.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
"Advances That Will Change The Car Industry"

This article has in it a story about a Company who partnered up with the University of Massachusetts to create Diesel & gasoline from Saw Dust, wood chips, & Biomass. It goes on to say that "Kior" has pledged to build 5 plants in Mississippi, that their product "Re Crude" can be made competitively with Oil at $30.00 a barrel.
If they are not blowing smoke I would expect Exxon Mobil or Gulf Chevron to but the Plants and close them.:p

Ok,,hmmm, so if I put sawdust, wood chips, and biomass what is biomass anyway, in a blender and mix it up, i get fuel of some sorts, so instead of a tiger in our tanks,,,we would have a Woody instead,,,,lmaorof,,,,i need my medication and so forth.