wow what a week I have had!

cargodreaming

Expert Expediter
Monday starts out with the turbo going out on my sprinter. My sprinter only has 3700 miles on it to begin with. Ole well its under warranty and it will be fixed at no charge. The Dodge dealership told me not to expect it back til thursday and I was like what! Needless to say after alot of calls and promises I get a call today to tell me its ready. Joy! I go to pick it up go to the cashier and nothing has to be paid since all was covered what a relief. So I gave my keys to the lady at the service desk to bring it around to me being it was parked in the back. I waited for a few minutes and got distracted looking at other cars when all of a sudden I hear what sounded like Freddy Krueger on a chalk board. I turned to see this lady ripping the side of my cargo box open on the corner of the building. Yes thats right she opened the side of my cargo box like she used a can opener on it. She got out and was like dang I knew I couldn't drive this thing. Well duh! x( The manager came out and said this is not good. I agreed. So now im down til I get this repaired. I got a written statement that they will cover all repairs and the rental of another cube truck. Still what a day what a day. Sorry if It seems like im rambling but needed a place to get it all out. I hope everyone elses week is going better.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
From reading the text I was expecting even worse than the photos show. That's bad enough as is but not as bad as I imagined. I'd think a good cargo box outfit could fix that in a day. Good luck with it.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 4958, 5447
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
but what about the turbo? my 300td has 168k on it and the turbo is still the original. did you suck something in the housing? was it lube related? what did the dealer say was the reason for the failure? the sprinter 2.7 is a derivitive of my 2.99999988 so it should have been bullet proof.

Jack Berry

cargodreaming

Expert Expediter
First off I goofed on my numbers. My van has 37,000 + miles on it, but even still my turbo should not have gone out even at thirty seven thousand miles. Another driver I know had his replaced as well at almost the same mileage and some sprinter drivers that have 150,000 + miles and no a problem at all. The mechanic at the dealership really could not explain the problem.

younglobo

Expert Expediter
Cargo
Man, I did a # like that on my own truck when i first started drivin, was doing city freight and went to turn around in a abandon gas station and caught the corner of a awning. Have also had a bad/ good day with breakdowns blew the head off of that same truck when it had about 250,000 on it, was sitting by I 70 waitin on a tow and my cell phone rings its my wife and she says well i can make your day better or worse " i'm pregnant, couldnt decide weither to laugh or cry.

heel4you

Expert Expediter
I worry about things happening to my truck all the time!!! So far so good. I really baby it alot.
Just got back on the road this tuesday and had a run to Ford in Louisville, Ky. When the forklift driver started taking the freight out he took off really fast into the box and I thought, oh my God, he's an idiot. I'm standing there, behind the yellow line, holding my breath as he runs in and out and then....he lifts a crate up and BAMMMMM right out the top of the roof. I was freaking out. Here comes all the security people...not friendly at all. I started out nice, then they just hit me the wrong way and I went off. Told me I could not get in my empty box to take photos and inspect damage.
I said, I will take photos and I need a accident report. Finally got all of this done and have to go to the gate to fill out more incident reports and the lady guard will not give me a copy. UGHHHHH! So I took digital photos of it!!
I would have been fine but they are SO RUDE at Ford!!!!!
Got the box fixed within the hour and off we went.
What a day.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ford is the worst of anyone I think. I dislike the one in Claycomo especially. If the AFA.net boycott continues long enough they'll be out of business anyway.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 4958, 5447
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.