Would you take Higher Rate and less Miles or More Miles and Lower Rate?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wear many hats...
manyhats-1.jpg

ishipforexcellence

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
9 weeks with Tri-State (and 2 holiday weekends). $1/loaded mile, high roof van program +FSC, +.20/mile over 50 for deadhead. 8326 loaded (avg 983 wk) 1,478 empty. Gross $9,099

ishipforexcellence

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
I download the info from TriStates system, super easy. It separates it. I also like to make sure I'm getting .20/mile/empty after 50 miles.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I download the info from TriStates system, super easy. It separates it. I also like to make sure I'm getting .20/mile/empty after 50 miles.

Have you tracked actual miles. I know when we were there the paid miles were always short as were the dh miles due to the mileage program they used. For instance, if you picked up on the north side of Detroit and delivered on the south side of Atlanta they would use the the southern most point in Detroit and the northern most point in Atlanta to figure miles. Use to be a real issue and alot of mystery miles as we called them !!!!!!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
9 weeks with Tri-State (and 2 holiday weekends). $1/loaded mile, high roof van program +FSC, +.20/mile over 50 for deadhead. 8326 loaded (avg 983 wk) 1,478 empty. Gross $9,099

Good numbers for sure, assuming their miles match your odometer for those miles. Or if it's at least close.

CintVan

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
This will continue till everyone just says no thanks haul it yourself and just sit....have a party....you have time on your ide they don't ...they can't move it unless you pick it up....I know this sounds bad but if everyone would stick together this would stop thats the problem one fool will grab it and run....and then you make nothing.....I hear it all the time where I'm at ....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Carrier A has a direct customer..and they post that load to broker it out...The winning carrier should not be allowed to repost this and resell again thus taking money out of the load
Trucking is always been known for its layers like an onion, but now instead of an onion it's an orange after peeling so many layers there is just no fruit to be had...

Last edited:
Reactions: hazmat and ntimevan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Carrier A has a direct customer..and they post that load to broker it out...The winning carrier should not be allowed to repost this and resell again thus taking money out of the load
How would you suggest the winning carrier be stopped from reselling the load?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
How would you suggest the winning carrier be stopped from reselling the load?
It would be a requirement of the first Carrier many a time I have seen on the paperwork this load may not be brokered
Some carriers have a person that sits there and their only job is to bid on Loads and then resell them
There is no easy solution

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What should be done in my opinion is no reselling loads, off load boards
If you can't run it yourself then you should not be allowed to bid on it
Trucking is always been known for its layers like an onion, but now instead of an onion it's an orange after peeling so many layers there is just no fruit to be had...
It would be a requirement of the first Carrier many a time I have seen on the paperwork this load may not be brokered
Some carriers have a person that sits there and their only job is to bid on Loads and then resell them
There is no easy solution
The banned from that load board? But then again who would police sure won't be the carriers and brokers they don't give a darn
There are so many little things wrong in this business nowadays you plug up one hole and a leak pops somewhere else
For the time I have left I don't really give a darn anyways... Lol
Let the Ushippers have it:p
And Happy Sunday to you Mr. Sunshine .... get home to Juju so she can help relieve your stress or put your Butt to work ....:p

Reactions: iceroadtrucker