Would Americans Fight to Defend Their Homeland?

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
An interesting Quinnipiac poll came out Monday regarding different aspects of the Russia/Ukrainian mess. The real eye-opener was a question further into the survey regarding the willingness of Americans to defend their own homeland if it were attacked.

"Americans were asked what they would do if they were in the same position as Ukrainians are now: stay and fight or leave the country? A majority (55 percent) say they would stay and fight, while 38 percent say they would leave the country. Republicans say 68 - 25 percent and independents say 57 - 36 percent they would stay and fight, while Democrats say 52 - 40 percent they would leave the country." (emphasis mine)

With only 55% overall showing a willingness to fight and defend, it's obvious we don't have nearly the same patriotism as we did in the 1940s. See question 8 for the breakdown in demographics; in the 18-34 age group, 48% would leave the country. Is this a momentary reflection of our nation's current pathetic leadership, or is it the way our younger generation is being raised and indoctrinated? Let's hope we don't have to find out.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Highly unlikely that the Putinist Surrender Monkeys in the GOP would actually be able to recognize foreign attackers.

More likely they would send send out Ms. Lindsey to welcome and entertain them by prancing around and offering flowers, whilst offering them his "services".

Reactions: Ragman

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Many don't even own a gun so....NO they won't defend the usa.
Many will go hide in mommy's and daddy's basement and hope they don't get shot.
The one Japanese admiral that attacked pearl harbor even said that they have a woken the giant. Because Japan knew we had guns in almost every household in America in the 1940s.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Russia is a very stark reminder of why we need guns in every household.
Yet you have Democrats wanting to....
Take away your personal guns
Defund the police
Defund the military

Yea I can just see the calls to the police emergency line about a invasion lol and all you get is a automated phone system answering machine.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Take away your personal guns
Defund the police
Defund the military

Yea I can just see the calls to the police emergency line about a invasion lol and all you get is a automated phone system answering machine.
That's already happened in several large metro areas during the BLM/Antifa riots. Suppose we're attacked from within our borders by terrorists - proxies for a larger power?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

You would call the police emergency line about an invasion ?

Seriously ?

Personally myself, I think I'd be more inclined to give the Pentagon a holler first, then maybe the police afterwards ...

Not too sure that "the police" would be all that well equipped to deal with "an invasion" ...

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
You would call the police emergency line about an invasion ?

Seriously ?

Personally myself, I think I'd be more inclined to give the Pentagon a holler first, then maybe the police afterwards ...

Not too sure that "the police" would be all that well equipped to deal with "an invasion" ...
Not me but your average Democrat would.....and good luck with calling the Pentagon lol.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Americans would fight for their country. The problem is the multitude of people, both legal and illegal, who are not and never will be Americans.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Americans would fight for their country. The problem is the multitude of people, both legal and illegal, who are not and never will be Americans.

Agree ... and the Putinist GOP'ers comprise a significant portion of those that wouldn't fight for the country of their birth ... but rather would fight for their real Daddy Vlad as they have been until fairly recently.

They look at Vlad ... and lust for the power that he seemingly has.

That's because they are, in reality, weak.

:tearsofjoy: